• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vent window

jwtdvm

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
I have my vent windows together--still need the actual windows though!!!--the end of the long chromed piece that looks like a wrench---does it rest on something---my doors to not have anything in that spot---are they special bolts that bolt to the door and extend inside the door???

I have my vent windows together--still need the actual windows though!!!--the end of the long chromed piece that looks like a wrench---does it rest on something---my doors to not have anything in that spot---are they special bolts that bolt to the door and extend inside the door???
Does the "wrench" piece look like an "L" with two loops at the bottom half of the "L"? Is it attached at the very bottom of the long piece on the vent window frame?

If yes, then there is a metal stud (about 4" long) that attaches at the bottom of the door (& extends inside the door) with a big "clip nut". The two loops slide over the metal stud & is used to help align the vent window frame.

p.s. I may have some parts for you. I accidentally bought extras for my vent windows.

A bolt passes through it.....so you can adjust the height and lock it down

The piece I am talking about makes up the front of the vent window frame--it is chromed and has a leg that goes down into the door==the end of it is open--looks kinda like an open-end wrench--I assume this rests on something inside the door-there is nothing inside my doors for it to rest on--it lines up with a large hole in the door shell where it can be accessed--is there a large bolt or something that grabs the "open-end wrench" part?? seems like a bolt just attached to the door shell would be kinda flimsy

The piece I am talking about makes up the front of the vent window frame--it is chromed and has a leg that goes down into the door==the end of it is open--looks kinda like an open-end wrench--I assume this rests on something inside the door-there is nothing inside my doors for it to rest on--it lines up with a large hole in the door shell where it can be accessed--is there a large bolt or something that grabs the "open-end wrench" part?? seems like a bolt just attached to the door shell would be kinda flimsy
This is the bracket inside the door the long bolt with the large nut with captive washer is what I am referring to.....The "wrench" end as you call it "hooks" onto that fixed bolt/stud....

I know what I am talking about...so flimsy in your mind or not that is where it goes...

For more pics I attached my thread below....

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...gtx-restoration.127388/page-38#post-910728762

IMG_2205.jpg

I am not doubting anybody--I have never had a mopar before and they are different--I got this car all apart with bags of parts---I actually have the bracket in your photo above--I did not know what it was--now my bracket has 4 studs on it I believe--I guess 2 of those studs go thru the front of the door shell and have nuts on them--so you can actually see the nuts on the outside of the door somewhere between the door hinges??? Wierd from the Ford World that I come from!!! Your pictures are great and I will look at them a bunch---I only refer to the "open end wrench" as I have seen that term used multiple times on this forum--It is a pretty apt description

I am not doubting anybody--I have never had a mopar before and they are different--I got this car all apart with bags of parts---I actually have the bracket in your photo above--I did not know what it was--now my bracket has 4 studs on it I believe--I guess 2 of those studs go thru the front of the door shell and have nuts on them--so you can actually see the nuts on the outside of the door somewhere between the door hinges??? Wierd from the Ford World that I come from!!! Your pictures are great and I will look at them a bunch---I only refer to the "open end wrench" as I have seen that term used multiple times on this forum--It is a pretty apt description
I knew exactly what you meant by the “open wrench”

That bracket only goes in one way......it is an easy puzzle to figure out......

Auto Transport Service
Back