• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vert vs, hardtop rear seat covers

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
Guys, I need to know if there is a huge difference between the rear seats (frames) on a vert and hardtop. I have an opportunity to get some rear covers for a vert rather cheap, but I have a hardtop.
So will the verts fit with some work or is the seat frames totally different and not even worth trying? This is for a 64 b body. Any help would be appreciated.

i might be wrong, but im pretty sure the rear seats on a hardtop are longer than a vert .... think the vet covers would be too short for h/t frames

i might be wrong, but im pretty sure the rear seats on a hardtop are longer than a vert .... think the vet covers would be too short for h/t frames

You are right......The rear door panels kick in further, covering the swiveling convertible framework, thus a noticably smaller width across. I couldn't tell you about a 64' but I know on my 68' it would take some real serious stitch work to make it happen. But in your situation...Add material to it for fit???? Geezzz, sounds a heck of a lot easier just to buy correct ones.

I see your point, stumbled across cheaper parts-maybe they'll fit? Who know's? Worth a shot asking.........

Good luck!

Well that bites. Guess I gotta call legendary and get the matching rears . Man, I could have saved a ton of money.

Auto Transport Service
Back