• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Victor 440 intake

This is true, but both of these Edelbrock super victor intakes have the same part # cast on the outside of the intake runner. I only know, bc I just purchased the MW 4500 flange Edelbrock super victor #2893 and its clearly cast with part #2891.

Kirk
Kirk,
I am looking at my buddies Edelbrock Super Victor Dominator Max Wedge Intake manifold right now with #2893 cast into it.
Having said that I know another mopar buddy who bought the #2891 Non Max Wedge Intake but then enlarged the ports himself to make it work on his max wedge heads. There is plenty of meat on the manifold to make the ports bigger.

Kirk,
I am looking at my buddies Edelbrock Super Victor Dominator Max Wedge Intake manifold right now with #2893 cast into it.
Having said that I know another mopar buddy who bought the #2891 Non Max Wedge Intake but then enlarged the ports himself to make it work on his max wedge heads. There is plenty of meat on the manifold to make the ports bigger.

Mike, very odd, my Victor 4150 manifold was nowhere near large enough for the Max Wedge intake ports. Welding definitely required for mine to have worked. Used the Max Wedge gasket & marker to check on the Victor.

I'm definitely confused now?????‍♂️♂️

Mike, very odd, my Victor 4150 manifold was nowhere near large enough for the Max Wedge intake ports. Welding definitely required for mine to have worked. Used the Max Wedge gasket & marker to check on the Victor.
I think you're confusing a victor with a super victor. Two different castings.

Well I just spent 33 minutes on the phone with Edelbrock...they said I was correct and all the Edelbrock super victor intakes are casted with 2891. As mine does...
Just passing information on

Kirk

20190710_182737.jpg

Kirk,

I would really like and appreciate a picture of this intake that is cast with part #2983. Thanks in advance...

Kirk

Part number on box is 2893 ? , maybe 2891 supersedes it?. Just a thought. All I need to know is that I need a super victor for trick flow 270 heads. Has anyone used Trick flow track heat intake on their 270's?.

Edelbrock, informed me that all the Super Victor intakes start out as part #2981 and then they CNC the ports to a Max Wedge port and call that intake part #2893. But they are all cast with part #2891...definitely seems odd to me

Kirk

Ohiokm is right. This is my 2893 Super Victor intake for the MW heads. The number on the box was 2893.

IMG_4195.JPG

Well looking through this thread, I too got confused. The OP asked about a Victor opened to Max Wedge & that turned into a Super Victor discussion.

So how many guys are really running a super victor in the street? Say with trick flow 270 heads on a 500 c.i. rb . Are 270's even a good choice for a true street/strip car?. Man, I got to many ?'s ,probably need to start a new thread,lol.

A 270cc cylinder head on a street/strip 500 ci will be very efficient and snappy!
Example...I previously ran a 509 ci bbc with Dart oval port 265cc cylinder heads...they did have the full cnc treatment. Pump gas 4.10 x 29" tire 9" street/strip converter, 3700 lbs consistency of 10.40's in summer weather!

Kirk

IF I were to buy a new intake manifold it would for sure be a Super Victor, either Max Wedge or Standard Port, whichever ports your heads have.
I had an INDY Max Wedge Single Plane intake on my Coronet with a 1050 Dominator. The Heads were INDY EZ heads standard port, brought out to Max Wedge Size and then ported to flow 340CFM. Although I did not drive it on the street that much, when I did, it performed flawlessly.
I only say if I bought a new intake that it would be an Edelbrock Super Victor because I think the INDY intake is kind of older design whereas the Edelbrock is a newer design, plus I think it looks cooler also.

Picture of my INDY Intake plus picture of my buddies Edelbrock Super Victor with 2891 cast into in, but it did have max wedge ports from the factory.

20150628_103756.jpg View attachment 799435 20170420_163730.jpg

Last edited:
I have a max Wedge port super Victor if anyone needs one
---
Seldom do these come up used.
Maybe you got a spare hemi kicking around too? I've got a Dart screaming for a Hemi.

---
Seldom do these come up used.
Maybe you got a spare hemi kicking around too? I've got a Dart screaming for a Hemi.
I’m down to one hemi and no spares. Would like to have the other two I sold back! Lol

I’m down to one hemi and no spares. Would like to have the other two I sold back! Lol
---
I don't blame you wanting them back, but I thought that I would throw it out there. I got this Dart you see, and well you know how it goes..
IMG_0504.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back