• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Videos of OEM Hemi & 440 mufflers?

sam dupont

Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Somebody asked opinions for eliminating his drone, so I looked on youtube for Hemi muffler sound. The algorithim must favor LOUD. I couldn't find a video of original mufflers. It would be good to put together a Thread of exhaust notes. A video at idle, at 2,000 rpms, and another with the car at 3,000 rpms. Not only blips, as seen in every YT video, but a steady rpm held for 15-20 seconds that reveals the notes. A video with a short description of the system. For example: Stock 1966 Hemi Charger exhaust system, original Hemi mufflers. 1966 Charger with later 440HP transplant, HP manifolds, H pipe and Flowmaster ***, no resonators.
Every possible combination of motor, induction, and exhaust have to exist here.

This one seems a little loud, but what a beauty. They start it 9 minutes in.

Somebody asked opinions for eliminating his drone, so I looked on youtube for Hemi muffler sound. The algorithim must favor LOUD. I couldn't find a video of original mufflers. It would be good to put together a Thread of exhaust notes. A video at idle, at 2,000 rpms, and another with the car at 3,000 rpms. Not only blips, as seen in every YT video, but a steady rpm held for 15-20 seconds that reveals the notes. A video with a short description of the system. For example: Stock 1966 Hemi Charger exhaust system, original Hemi mufflers. 1966 Charger with later 440HP transplant, HP manifolds, H pipe and Flowmaster ***, no resonators.
Every possible combination of motor, induction, and exhaust have to exist here.

This one seems a little loud, but what a beauty. They start it 9 minutes in.

Go to the Accurate Exhaust website. They have exhaust sound clips of the the different exhaust set ups.

This is the sound of my factory Hemi mufflers. They don't sound as racy, but they also don't attract the attention of The Law.

WE made a CD of Muffler sounds that has 22 different mufflers with and without crossovers. Recorded and sound level checked at three speeds and we did so with professional recording and editing equipment. I still have the ability to burn them.

Auto Transport Service
Back