• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who runs "Hemi" Mufflers? Looking for sound clips

Hemi mufflers, 3 inch TTI exhaust and Hedman headers. May have to click on youtube link to watch.

Last edited:
GTX on fast idle.

GTX on curb idle

Maybe the difference between your 383 and my GTX is the turned down tips versus straight out the back tips.

GTX on fast idle.

GTX on curb idle

Maybe the difference between your 383 and my GTX is the turned down tips versus straight out the back tips.

Yours sounds awfully quiet compared to these if they are the same exact part number mufflers

what mufflers on this ???

I don't think there are any markings on them. Big long cans like you'd get on a Chrysler New Yorker. Believe it's an "off the shelf" stock OEM replacement system. I'll have a boo tomorrow as she's up in the air anyhow.
1966plymouthsathp2 186.jpg

Realized I left a light on out there so here's some better pics. Surprised it rumbles as nice as it does as she's pretty corked up. Muffs are 2 1/4 in and out...21" long x 10" wide x 5" deep. Zero markings on them. I've fired an email off to the guy I bought it from. Hopefully he remembers what he'd just bought or still has the invoice.
20230327_211718.jpg
20230327_211727.jpg
20230327_211759.jpg
20230327_211805.jpg
20230327_211813.jpg

They aren’t a Hemi muffler recreation as they don’t have the crimped corners typical of them. But they sound pretty much like the Accurate Hemi mufflers on my 66.

Yours sounds awfully quiet compared to these if they are the same exact part number mufflers
Yes, same number muffler. Outlets look to be the only difference. Is the 383 stock cam and compression?

Yes, same number muffler. Outlets look to be the only difference. Is the 383 stock cam and compression?
I think approx 9.5 compression,
six pack style hyd cam profile
stock HP exhaust manifolds pushing thru a full 2.5inch TTI

When revved up it has this ' bwapp' sound that gets loud

Last edited:
Summit has the 11747 muffler at approx $150 for the pair delivered Im tempted to try.

If I dont like them, I have 90 days and can return them

Accurate is over $300

If so, then I have to admit to 69a100 to being wrong but my 440 GTX sure doesn’t sound harsh and raspy like that.

Don't be callin me a liar!!! How can I be wrong when I installed the system on my Brother's car for him? I ought to know what I'm talking about!

Read it again Jon... sentence structure sucks, but I believe that he said he was wrong.

Yeah, it’s obvious from mine and GTX6970 sound clips that different results can apparently be obtained from those #17748 DynoMax mufflers.

Part of it may be the video/sound recorder. If I take a video with my Canon camera, the sound comes out very raspy, tinny and high pitched with no lower frequency rumble, somewhat like GTX6970 clips of his 383. It will amplify motor noise and high frequencies and sounds like the motor is rattling away with 8 exhaust leaks or loose pushrods. But recorded with my IPhone and IPad take video sound, that at least to my old, somewhat high frequency damaged ears, sounds very accurate with lots of lower frequency rumble. Those recordings of my GTX are what the DynoMax mufflers sound like to my ears - rumbly with not much raspiness.

I apologize 69a100 but I hope you can see (hear) from my video clips where I was coming from With my own experience with the DynoMax Super Turbos.

My video was made with my Samsung phone.
On my end it sounds exactly like the car does in real life

Decision made...Once back from Spring Fling I plan to order new Mufflers from Accurate. . probably do new tail pipes while Im at it

I don't agree. I have 2-1/2 TTI with Dynamax super turbos and they don’t sound like that. But could be the medium it was recorded with.
Also something to keep in mind; exhaust systems can sound differently depending on if you're using manifold vacuum or spark ported vacuum.

Auto Transport Service
Back