• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Vintage brand Roadrunner Fm converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldRR1

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for a vintage 70's Fm radio converter. The brand I believe it was had the name RoadRunner on the front of it. A friend of mine has one and he won't sell it so I decided to look for another for myself. It has to be very old as it looks like an audiovox model maybe like a sparkomatic unit as well. Idk if it was a cheap Kmart brand or RadioShack back then just not sure.

It's a dual knob converter that has chrome strip down low from knob to knob and a clear upper lense with the station numbers selection on it. I believe that it was like a rebranded unit that must have been sold under this name back then but was made all by like audiovox or a cheaper company.
They seem to look alot alike just a different sticker in the middle. Like audiovox, sparkomatic, Lafayett, AVX, etc.. I dont have a pic of it maybe in a couple days I can try to grab one as he still it out sitting on his garage table. Any ideas or info for what I'm after??

I think I have what you are looking for…..pm me your email

Looks like mine is an audiovox. Just dug it out.

46BE92FD-6788-44D7-B2F2-8A0DA02AE663.jpeg

Looks like mine is an audiovox. Just dug it out.

View attachment 1389668
Yea they look just very much the same. The dual knobs and the big numbers. The one I was trying to find tho says RoadRunner where yours says audiovox. I've been all over the web trying to find it. It must have been one that was not made for very long or maybe was a package for people on the road alot. I need to see if I can grab a pic of my friends one. He still won't sell it is why I'm trying to find one like it.

Here is the picture of it. I finally was able to grab a pic of it. He still will not sell it to me. I know it's seen better days but it must have been a rare model or a cheap model/brand that got bought out maybe by audiovox or sparkomatic at the time. I'm still looking for one for myself.

20230102_165001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back