• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Mopar Muscle

Jere Stahl--York, PA.--Plymouth & Jere Stahl Today Crayoning Bill Stiles' Cuda After Dark!

Jere Stahl.JPG

Of Course....The "Boss" Mr. 4-Speed--Shifted That Thing So Damn Fast It Sounded Like An Automatic! The Late Great Ronnie Sox And His Charming Wife Diane!

Ronnie Sox.jpg RONNIE AND DIANE SOX.jpg

Last edited:
Some classics from Great White North
The Old Trapper was a legend around here.
Stories go that the factory tried to recruit him and he kept
turning them down. What he could do with a motor was astounding.

Old Trapper 68 Dart
vbpgimage.php

Old Trapper 67 GTX
vbpgimage.php

Another 68 Dart
vbpgimage.php

The Golden Commandos--Detroit, Michigan!

Lynn Townsend (then President of Chrysler) believed: "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday". I personally saw this car run numerous times at Detroit Dragway and was so inspired, I went down to Matt Buhl Chrysler-Plymouth and ordered a 65 Belvedere II, 383, 4-speed. One year later, Uncle Sam knocked on my door and I sold the car to go into the U.S. Army. Two 65's later (this is #3), I'm re-living my youth with a '65 Satellite. If I recall correctly, The Golden Commandos raced a 1963 max wedge wagon against a 1963 Ramchargers "Wagon For Traction". Unlike this Golden Commandos altered wheelbase car, the '63 wagon was all copper color with light gold lettering. As we all know, the Ramchargers color scheme never changed. How wonderful to relive those days.

Lynn Townsend (then President of Chrysler) believed: "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday". I personally saw this car run numerous times at Detroit Dragway and was so inspired, I went down to Matt Buhl Chrysler-Plymouth and ordered a 65 Belvedere II, 383, 4-speed. One year later, Uncle Sam knocked on my door and I sold the car to go into the U.S. Army. Two 65's later (this is #3), I'm re-living my youth with a '65 Satellite. If I recall correctly, The Golden Commandos raced a 1963 max wedge wagon against a 1963 Ramchargers "Wagon For Traction". Unlike this Golden Commandos altered wheelbase car, the '63 wagon was all copper color with light gold lettering. As we all know, the Ramchargers color scheme never changed. How wonderful to relive those days.

I think the Ramchargers have a book out as well, let me look real fast and if so I will post a link to it. I always found those guys interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/We-Were-Ramchargers-Racings-Legendary/dp/076801932X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340651058&sr=1-1&keywords=Ramchargers

And Finally, The Guys That Started This Obsession We All Have For Our Mopar Cars And Trucks...The Guys At Chrysler Corporation's Ramcharger Racing Team. They Brought Us The Plymouths, Dodges, Chryslers, Hemis, 440 Six Packs, A Wide Range of Performance Vehicles That Still Exists Today. So When You Go To Carlisle In A Few Weeks, Stop By And Say Hi To Them...I Know For A Fact That All They'll Want To Talk About Is Mopars! From Left To Right Top: Driver Jim Thornton, Mike Buckel, John Wehrly, Dick Burke, Dave Rockwell. Bottom Row: Barnes Daniels, Gary Congdon, Tom Coddington And Pete McNickol. Not Present: Tom Hoover, Bill Shope, Dan Mancini, Wayne Erickson, Dick Maxwell, Skip McCully, And Bob Lees.

The Ramchargers.jpg

These old race cars is exactly the type of thing I want to copy with my 63! I am not trying to make the car into something that it isn't nor ever was but rather something it could have been! I only wish I could have seen these cars in their hayday

I remember the War Wagon very well as it did win alot of races in the 60's. Tritak and Morgan also built a 64 Plymouth and then later built a 70 Hemi Cuda for SuperStock & Drag Ilistrated magazine that ran SS/DA. That was the good old days. The Ramchargers actually built a 63 Dodge wagon but decided it was to heavy and sold it. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back