• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Mopar Muscle

These old race cars is exactly the type of thing I want to copy with my 63! I am not trying to make the car into something that it isn't nor ever was but rather something it could have been! I only wish I could have seen these cars in their hayday

Hendo, go to the nostalgia drags just before the Goodguys Northwest car show. My son and I went up the day of and rented a hotel room just to see the drags then the car show the next day. The drags were great!
Info below:
25th Pacific Northwest Nationals Friday Night Drags – 1972 & earlier race cars only!
July 27th, 2012
Pacific Raceways
www.pacificraceways.com
31001 144th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98042

Another 2 Great White North cars raced from early 80's into the 90's
1963 Wagon mid 10 second car.
1964 Polara mid 9 second car. Wish I had better pics of this car a few years after this article. Cause the scoop was changed to a long nose scoop that went all the way to the front of the car. We nicknamed the car the aardvark.
Yes in the small pic thats a Dodge ramp truck.

vbpgimage.php

Nice thread. Have to include Landy -

http://www.dicklandy.com/Gallery/68-69.htm

The third picture in that thread Landys Lion I made a poster of that and had Dick Landy autograph it. I never got to meat him in person but one that is really cool he signed it in gold ink.

I met Ronnie Sox great guy to talk to and was looking forward to meeting him again and talking about cars and talking about the one Cuda that had been in question if it was real or not (Sox & Martine).

There Are Alot More Super Stockers That Could Be Added To That Thread! Guys Most People Never Heard Of! We're Losing These Guys At A Pretty Disturbing Rate. Strickler, Landy, Sox, Jenkins, Carlton, Nicholson, All Gone Just To Mention A Few!

Ltlgto....I will have to check that out! It sounds super cool! I work for Bucky Austin...yeah he didnt race MoPars back in the day but his current car runs a "hemi" engine which kinda counts LOL

65Plymouth Satellite 426: Thanks so much for starting this thread and contributing so many pictures. Brought back a lot of memories. Really appreciate it.
Dave

And Finally, The Guys That Started This Obsession We All Have For Our Mopar Cars And Trucks...The Guys At Chrysler Corporation's Ramcharger Racing Team. They Brought Us The Plymouths, Dodges, Chryslers, Hemis, 440 Six Packs, A Wide Range of Performance Vehicles That Still Exists Today. So When You Go To Carlisle In A Few Weeks, Stop By And Say Hi To Them...I Know For A Fact That All They'll Want To Talk About Is Mopars! From Left To Right Top: Driver Jim Thornton, Mike Buckel, John Wehrly, Dick Burke, Dave Rockwell. Bottom Row: Barnes Daniels, Gary Congdon, Tom Coddington And Pete McNickol. Not Present: Tom Hoover, Bill Shope, Dan Mancini, Wayne Erickson, Dick Maxwell, Skip McCully, And Bob Lees.

I rarely endorse anything (like it would be worth anything!! LOL) but that book "We were the Ramchargers" is really, really good and worth every nickle. I highly recommend it to any Mopar enthusiast.

This has been a very enjoyable thread. First, the Tritak and Morgan 'War Wagon' has long been at the top of my list for racing Mopars. Enjoyed all the pics but two really caught my attention. I got to watch a lot of the progress on the Bob Harrop 'Flying Carpet' '64 Dodge restoration. I was also there when it made it's first run and when Harrop drove the car for the first time in many years. The picture of the PeeWee Wallace 'Virginian' looks like it was taken at Virginia Motorsports park. I was also there and got to see PeeWee Wallace when he first saw the restored car. A friend of mine drove it that day. I recall that he hammered it a little harder than the owner really wanted him to, but he still liked it. I can't tell in the photo who is driving. The event was a "Super Stock Reunion". It was a great time and I got to talk with lots of the people from 'Back in the day'. There was a Friday night BBQ dinner and it was attended by so many. It was great to hear all the reminiscing and quite a few good natured ribbing about driving abilities.

Auto Transport Service
Back