• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Mopar Muscle

Roadrunner Sr. is a car that I owned back in 72 and sold in 73. Still have the folding a990 seat. Also owned the Sites Brothers car in the early to mid 90's.
Both cars today would not pass any safety inspection at any outlaw track.

Last edited:
tumblr_o06f8rMiIG1tne6nko3_1280.jpg

"The Highlander" of great Canadian racer John Petre. Car was later turned into an AWB. Amazing!View attachment 1179214

View attachment 1179212
I remember watching these guys racing at Deseronto Ontario Canada.
Somewhere I have a pic of me standing beside this car. They were awesome to watch as was all cars back then.
Thanks for posting Fury 440 ....

"The Highlander" of great Canadian racer John Petre. Car was later turned into an AWB. Amazing!View attachment 1179214

View attachment 1179212
I bought a new 1969 383/auto SuperBee from Midtown Motors in St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada. In 1970, John Petrie held a performance clinic at this dealership, as he used to race at nearby Sparta, Ontario dragstrip. I recall winning a Mopar "Hustle Stuff" (before Direct Connection) performance parts catalogue as a door prize. John passed away in June, 2020. Fortunately, I was able to meet and talk to him again at a nostalgia drag racing show in Hamilton, Ontario, two or three years before his death.
At this event, he signed a couple of his posters for me. There are not too many of these pioneers of drag racing left.
For fans of John Petrie, Supercar Collectibles released a 1/18 scale diecast of the 1969 SuberBee he raced.

Last edited:
Jim Keyes bought that R/T new at the age of 20, and still owns it. 426 Hemi car with auto on the column. He now has it restored back to stock and still races it at Pure Stock Drags at Stanton, Michigan. Since I have a 1967 R/T, I have talked to him at this event. Very nice gentleman, with lots of stories. If you do the math, he is now 74, same age as me. I know my dad would not have co-signed a loan for a Hemi car for his 20-year-old son as Jim's did.

Auto Transport Service
Back