• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vinyl top to C pillar trim

Cornpatch MO

Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
I am putting a vinyl top on a car that did not have it from the factory. 68-70 B body. I have the trim that goes at the bottom edge of the vinyl , and separates the vinyl from the quarter panel.
What I need is the push in clips to hold that trim into the holes in the body. even pictures would help. Also could use pics of where the holes should be drilled. ....Thanks for any help.....................MO

Mo, We did a 68 sport satty 4yrs ago that had vinyl here is the clips.
http://rtspecialties.net part # is 1000077A. they will slide back and forth in the molding channel so spacing does not have to be dead on 3 clips per side middle and both ends , on the ends set them back 1/2 " so you have a little wiggle room.

Also remember to seal the hole edges once drilled with some paint if the car is in paint and a little dumb/dumb around each clip base to seal from water.

Mo, We did a 68 sport satty 4yrs ago that had vinyl here is the clips.
http://rtspecialties.net part # is 1000077A. they will slide back and forth in the molding channel so spacing does not have to be dead on 3 clips per side middle and both ends , on the ends set them back 1/2 " so you have a little wiggle room.

Also remember to seal the hole edges once drilled with some paint if the car is in paint and a little dumb/dumb around each clip base to seal from water.
OUTSTANDING !! Perfect information, more than I hoped for! RT specialties will be getting repeat business from me-great source. I see you are from Iowa, could you send me a Conversation and let me know what area and town? Your help is much appreciated.....................MO:thumbsup:

Hey guys,, I bought the clips but here is what was on my car that needs replacing. I can't find these plastic pieces anywhere.. What is the history? I think I like the plastic solution better as the holes are smaller and they are plugged?
C Pillar Trim-2.jpg
But what is the best solution here as I have yet to find the plastic clips, any idea where they are? Thanks for the help. Jay

Hey guys,, I bought the clips but here is what was on my car that needs replacing. I can't find these plastic pieces anywhere.. What is the history? I think I like the plastic solution better as the holes are smaller and they are plugged? View attachment 579332 But what is the best solution here as I have yet to find the plastic clips, any idea where they are? Thanks for the help. Jay
My car did not come with a vinyl top. I bought that trim from e-bay, and it did not have the clips with it. I have never seen the plastic ones like yours show. I will paint around the holes and use black dumdum sealer around the wire clips to seal the hole. I would be interested in seeing what other members have used............MO

Auto Transport Service
Back