• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

viscious fan clutch

ultramag870

Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
I got a radiator from classic industries.. and a viscious fan from manciniraceing.. fan hits top of radiator tank.. it's a 22 " radiator on a 69 gtx 440 auto anyone else haveing these issues or what setup yall useing?

thanks I may just put strait mechanical fan on it solve all my issues....never thought new radiator would cause such a pain in the rear..

No problem Ultramag'. I went through the same "dazed and confused" phase after installing an aluminum radiator in our car. We are actually running a straight mechanical fan but also an electric fan 'pusher' setup to keep the car cool during traffic. Haven't gotten around to actually installing the clutch and new clutch fan yet. You think Mopar would have addressed this issue by now..

yea kinda what i thought... didnt these cars pretty much come with strait fans on them

Honestly I am not sure, but their were different fan's for different applications. 6cyl, HD Police, etc. Did you ever get those disc brakes?

yea kinda what i thought... didnt these cars pretty much come with strait fans on them

Got a 68' gtx w/440 thought it came stock with clutch fan/shroud comb. Have an aftermarket reinforced poly fan on it now with no shroud, runs hot (in my opinion) don't like seein' 210-215. Going to buy a new clutch fan in the next couple days. :thumbsup:

I ended up putting strait flex fan on and factory shroud works good runs 190 mostly

Auto Transport Service
Back