• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

voltage regulators

if any of you actually read my ad it says that they were removed from running and driving mopars.NO WHERE does it state NOS
Now I see that further down in the description. Still used and untested. Good luck with the sale.

if any of you actually read my ad it says that they were removed from running and driving mopars.NO WHERE does it state NOS
This post started with you stating you were having a hard time selling them. You made no mention of them being used. I had to go back and read your ad and decipher what you were selling. To me your add should of started stating used and the condition. They sure do not look used off of a 55 year old car.

They aren’t easy to find or cheap these days. I’ve picked up a few in various places. Usually they are the correct dimple shape and obviously repainted when looked at closely and restamped which is very easy to do with a $20 stamp purchased online. Commonly see the 359 and 479 dates this way. Some will be honest about it and some won’t. Most probably don’t mind a restored piece if it’s advertised as such. This has nothing to do with triggerdogs post. Just the market on these in general.

Sometimes it's just timing of needs.
I have listed off set spring hangers for B&E bodies many times without one hit.
Pitch 'um and your in box will be flooded with hits.:lol:
Don't do that.gif

NOS they are north of 600. if it was the three pin 1K easily nos

Last edited:
So he buys a brand X regulator which looks somewhat correct, paints and stencils it and makes it seem like you are buying NOS. The box is what caught my eye.

So he buys a brand X regulator which looks somewhat correct, paints and stencils it and makes it seem like you are buying NOS. The box is what caught my eye.
YEP.. it's "New Old Stock" from "NAPA" in the 70's and painted and stenciled to look assembly line correct AFAIConcerned. I could do that to the chrome "old stock" one that's on my car and works perfectly.

I have to disagree, alot of aftermarket venders got the surplus from Mopar at the end of the model year and re boxed it. That is a Valley Forge box they are guilty of it and only presto light did a limited run of the dimpled for Mopar only. You have no idea some of the scores I have gotten re boxed, good catch though.

Last edited:
I have to disagree, alot of aftermarket venders got the surplus from Mopar at the end of the model year and re boxed it. That is a Valley Forge box they are guilty of it and only presto light did a limited run of the dimpled for Mopar only. You have no idea some of the scores I have gotten re boxed, good catch though.
Myself I prefer a spade to be called a spade. If its used say its used in the first sentence of the ad. I know of an instance where I believe it might of been a member here bought one of these so called used correct regulators. When it showed up it reeked of fresh paint. No marks in the paint where it would have been bolted on the car. He felt is was some aftermarket new regulator that the seller painted and stenciled with the correct part number and date. That's just plain dishonesty.

Myself I prefer a spade to be called a spade. If its used say its used in the first sentence of the ad. I know of an instance where I believe it might of been a member here bought one of these so called used correct regulators. When it showed up it reeked of fresh paint. No marks in the paint where it would have been bolted on the car. He felt is was some aftermarket new regulator that the seller painted and stenciled with the correct part number and date. That's just plain dishonesty.
Yup it was a member here that got the perfumed regulator.

Auto Transport Service
Back