• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waking up the beast

Thanks Mike, I don't know why I 60 so good. My stock springs are so bad, they arch in the wrong direction.

What level stall do you plan on getting for the X? I just put a 3000 in mine. We'll see how much of a difference it makes.

I would think those 4:10s would give you a much better hole shot than the 3:55s. I have the 3:91s in my X. I always thought I had 4:10s because I'm a second owner. Pulled them a couple of years ago and found they were always 3:91s. I was going to put 4:88s in years ago - then decided the strip wasn't my life's objective and I wanted to drive the car as well. 3:91s seem like a good balance.

Good luck on your next trip to the strip. Give em hell....

4200 9.5 " converter. I 60 best launching off idle. I'm sure the 4.10s are much better than the 3.55s I had in there, but I never ran the 55s with the converter I have now.

Thanks Mike, I don't know why I 60 so good.

Yes you do. Don't tell a fib. It's because of me. All those tech questions I answer from you when I'm at Little Finsters Racing Team Garage late at night and those early Sunday morning phone calls from you.

Attachments

• finster2.jpg
    finster2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 254
Yes you do. Don't tell a fib. It's because of me. All those tech questions I answer from you when I'm at Little Finsters Racing Team Garage late at night and those early Sunday morning phone calls from you.

O

I decided to go to race yesterday at Island for more of a test n tune session than anything else. I wanted to try a 1000 cfm Holley that Mark Dimarjo lent to me. The car actually sounded better than it did with the 800. The first pass everything up to the 1/8 mile mark was better. Including a 1.54 60 ft. time. After that it slowed a bit. I only managed an 11.30@ 117.39 pass. I played with the jetting a bit and went back and forth with the ET and MPH. My first round pass was the best but I didnt get the info that I wanted. I raced a guy with a purple Challenger with a Barton Hemi. He dialed 10.50 so he was a second faster than me. I dialed 11.40. At the stripe, he was still pretty far back so I slammed the brakes. I went 11.403 at 101 mph! I won but didnt get the information on the carb I wanted. So, Friday night I'll be going with both carbs to do an actual comparison to see if the 1000 is worth purchasing.

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 238
I decided to go to race yesterday at Island for more of a test n tune session than anything else. I wanted to try a 1000 cfm Holley that Mark Dimarjo lent to me. The car actually sounded better than it did with the 800. The first pass everything up to the 1/8 mile mark was better. Including a 1.54 60 ft. time. After that it slowed a bit. I only managed an 11.30@ 117.39 pass. I played with the jetting a bit and went back and forth with the ET and MPH. My first round pass was the best but I didnt get the info that I wanted. I raced a guy with a purple Challenger with a Barton Hemi. He dialed 10.50 so he was a second faster than me. I dialed 11.40. At the stripe, he was still pretty far back so I slammed the brakes. I went 11.403 at 101 mph! I won but didnt get the information on the carb I wanted. So, Friday night I'll be going with both carbs to do an actual comparison to see if the 1000 is worth purchasing.

O

Runner up today.

Attachments

• 20150919_192141.jpg
    20150919_192141.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 250
Auto Transport Service
Back