• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want to see what a 1.248 60 foot pass looks like

Hmm can I try? Lol seems like it's alittle faster then my 318 :D

Chris...Awsome Runs!!!! That's great for the first time out, I'm sure ther there is more in it.

Hey, I'm sure you her it to, but I hear a miss just before you go through the lights on the second video.

looked good until it landed. My buddy put some channel on the K-member so when that happens he puts a little groove in the track, Better that a motor if you hit to hard. Great 60 footers.

Did you notice your shift light was on the entire time?

Congratulations on making it into the 8s that you have been chasing!!

Did you notice your shift light was on the entire time?

Yes I had the shift light set on 6900 and shifted at 7200. it stayed on because I was in the powerband and it didnt pull the motor down with each shift.
No worries converter is working perfectly looking at my datalogger.

How does that work? Each time you shifted your rpms would have dropped and the light should have gone out until you hit 6900 again. I don't understand :~

How does that work? Each time you shifted your rpms would have dropped and the light should have gone out until you hit 6900 again. I don't understand :~

My motor doesnt drop that much so it stayed at the 6800-6900 throughtout the run. If i set the shiftlight at 7200 you would see it go off then back on during the pass.
I know what your thinking that I must have been going through the converter but datalogger says otherwise and the ET matches the mph.

Ok, I am kind of confussed about the shift light and some of these questions may sound dumb. Are you saying that basically your RPM's didn't go below 6900 the whole run? What RPM did you cross the line at? What does your convertor have to do with RPM's staying that high the whole run? I thought basically the convertor let you launch at a higher RPM but after that I just thought it was the motor.

What kind of camera are you using? A friend and I are thinking about getting one and I noticed yours gave a good steady picture.

And just to bust your balls a little: I won't consider that an 8 sec. car until you do that in August.

Next time get someone to video the car on the launch. I want to see that wheel stand.

Yes, if he was shifting @ 7200 then if his rpm's don't drop much during the shift then it would stay @ 6800 or higher through the run. The convertor has to do with a lot more than just the launch. The convertor has an effect on the car throughout the run (locking up, etc). Driving through the convertor is similar to a slipping clutch in a stick shift car. The "stall" of a converter is the engine rpm that a given engine will reach at full throttle with the drive train locked. The "flash" is the engine rpm that a given engine will reach at full throttle at the point the vehicle begins to move with no brake application. Both stall and flash must be checked from idle speed. The "lock up" occurs when the engine speed and transmission speed nearly match. Hope this helps a little!!

nice run!!! you should ride it through so it does not come down so hard. that motor sounds sweet!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back