• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want to sell my car, but...

If your dead set on selling it , finish it.
Disclose any #s that do not match up.
Hang a price on it higher than you want and advertise it.
I just say finish it since it appears close,
Your going to need the trans installed for test drives and or transport.
Also do a search on the [ other vin numbers] you uncover , hell you never know the real body shell ID may be better.

Yes, I plan on getting it back together prior to selling. I have no ambition to paint it or do the interior. If I was going to keep it, I would but that is a lot of time and money that I could use on other things.

Would 25k be above and beyond ?

The transmission is back in, I just need to make a few adjustments. Then I can put the exhaust back on.

Last edited:
The stamped body Vin numbers on a 71 Charger are only on the top of the cowl on the plate above the wiper motor, under the rubber weather strip closer to the drivers side,and on the radiator support. The radiator support stampings are on the back side of the radiator support towards the engine. I have seen them stamped in two places,some are stamped on the drivers side of the radiator support and some are stamped in the center on the back side of the radiator support. I think it might depend upon which plant built the car,where it is stamped. There are no other stamped Vin numbers on 71 Chargers, nothing in the trunk jamb like the 68 to 70 cars were stamped.

I finally got around to posting my car in the "For Sale" section. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for edits on my ad.
POST THOSE SUGGESTIONS HERE
I want to be totally honest and upfront about this car and not misrepresent what it is. Thanks !

Link:
FOR SALE - 1971 Charger

Last edited by a moderator:
Post some NEW, more detailed pics, underside, interior too which you don't have! GTWS

I have interior pics. I will get them posted tomorrow when I post some underneath pics. Not familiar with GTWS, could you shed some light there ?

I keep seeing this subject coming up
Your title is worthless for that car
Sorry to say that but if you don’t believe me just go down to your department of motor vehicles
There is no such thing as a rebody
Just my opinion based on the federal laws

I keep seeing this subject coming up
Your title is worthless for that car
Sorry to say that but if you don’t believe me just go down to your department of motor vehicles
There is no such thing as a rebody
Just my opinion based on the federal laws
Been round and round about this very same
issue on my build.
The solution was to get it titled with a
bonded title. The insurance company will
run the vin tag in question to insure the
body has not been reported stolen.
This will clear you of any nefarious past
intentions, and will show that you yourself
have honest intentions and you were not
the one who tried to misrepresent the car.
Most bodies from salvage are sold via Bill's
of Sale for this Era of cars, hence the
previous owner has already jumped thru
your precieved hoops. (unless he was the
one who perpetrated the fraud).
The 17 digit vin standard wasn't
implemented until 1983, so tracking older
vin's becomes cloudy.

Last edited:
From OP: The car is registered and inspected " on the road" in my name.

You have a dash panel from another car titled
They obviously don’t know it’s from another vehicle
They usually don’t look farther unless something is suspected,that doesn’t mean it’s legal
You need the title for the body you have
You turn both titles in and they give you another vin tag for a salvage vehicle which is what you have now
Otherwise it’s fraud , that’s how they will see it if they find out
I know because I’ve been through it
That’s not counting the time my car spent in impound
If you want to have a legal transaction that won’t come back on you
Go to your DMV and find out for sure
Otherwise your just wasting your time on opinions

I finally got around to posting my car in the "For Sale" section. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for edits on my ad. I want to be totally honest and upfront about this car and not misrepresent what it is. Thanks !

Link:
FOR SALE - 1971 Charger
I liked your advert.

good luck on the sale
should make a great project for someone

52 y/o car, stuff happens, you've been completely honest

I finally got around to posting my car in the "For Sale" section. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for edits on my ad.
POST THOSE SUGGESTIONS HERE
I want to be totally honest and upfront about this car and not misrepresent what it is. Thanks !

Link:
FOR SALE - 1971 Charger
fixed:

Does anybody have any link to a database where I can find the complete VIN by the serial number ?

My advice is that since you already have the car titled and registered in your name,just finish the car and drive it. I would not even open up that can of worms! I have a 71 real Charger R/T roller project that is a 440 magnum, 4 speed Dana car with the N96 Ramcharger hood one of 332 built in 71 and probably only one of less than 100 that has the Ramcharger hood that I will sell if you want to take your car and combine it with my car and build a real bad *** 4 speed N96 car.

Thanks for the offer ! If I was going to stay in the mopar game, then I would jump at the idea.

I'm with Pete. Don't open that can of worms. It's a nice car it will sell. Do you know how many of these cars have been
re-bodied over the years. I sold my '70 Charger in '92. After the deal was done the guy told me he was using to re-body
a Triple black '70 440 six pack Charger. And this guy worked for one of the Big Magazine Companies. My Heart Sunk!

Two re-bodies on GYC s15e1.

Thanks for the offer ! If I was going to stay in the mopar game, then I would jump at the idea.
Well if you change your mind,let me know. My car needs every part your car has! Taking the two and making one would be a good fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back