• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wanted-65 coronet console end

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemiEssex

Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I need the console piece that attaches to the back of the console and faces the back seat. It is a moulded piece that fastens on and finishes the rear of the console. I believe the 64 consoles are the same. Mine is rotted and badly cracked. Color is unimportant as long as it is good and not cracked.
cheers
Steve

hemiEssex,
These are extremely rare in decent shape. I did the following for mine in my 65 Satellite: I removed the chrome piece from the top (must be slightly modified later)--cut a piece of thick foam padding to fit the recess at the back. I carefully measured the top as it cascades down the rear and side surfaces (as seperate panels) and cut these out of white cotton material (similar to a bed sheet). I test-fitted these until the configuration was taught, marked where stitching should be, transferred these markings to a piece of black vinyl (bought at a fabric store) with an extra 1/2 inch on each edge. I then hand-stitched the panels inside-out which when finished, formed a pocket covering that fit very nicely over the foam. At this point, the chrome cannot be reinstalled without removing the tip that curves into the recess. I ground that off using my bench grinder--carefully dabbed clear urethane on the ground tip so it wouldn't rust--reinstalled it and it looks GREAT! A neat little winter project that took me 3 nights after work, but a real nice outcome. I also covered my console door (much easier task)--I'm sorrry I don't have a pic of the end piece.
Good luck;
Bob

Attachments

• 9. Satellite interior-passenger.jpg
    9. Satellite interior-passenger.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 175
64-65 c body will also work, I believe you'll need to look at the 300 letter series cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back