• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted 833 trans

Charger Bob

Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for a 833 4spd 18 or 23 spline for B body 1968 Charger
Must be in excellent condition

Thanks,
Bob

Call Brewers

Call Brewers
Last I heard from Dan, he's over 2 months backlogged. Passon was 6 weeks, but you all know what happened with
the one I got from him... :-(

Passon was 6 weeks, but you all know what happened with
the one I got from him... :-(
I don't know what happened with yours but I'd like to know, and have done business with both of them, have the Passon 855 5 speed, love it, but Passon has my 18 spline 833 back for the 3rd time now (4 times he has had it total) I wanted it inspected, any parts requiring service or replacement taken care of, and the Slick Shift sliders and synchros Jamie sells installed. Ever since then, the 833 pops out of 2nd at very light throttle-like if you were letting off the gas to take a turn in a neighborhood. On the track it was an animal, but having to hold it in 2nd gear sucked. So this is his 3rd attempt to resolve that problem.

I don't know what happened with yours but I'd like to know, and have done business with both of them, have the Passon 855 5 speed, love it, but Passon has my 18 spline 833 back for the 3rd time now (4 times he has had it total) I wanted it inspected, any parts requiring service or replacement taken care of, and the Slick Shift sliders and synchros Jamie sells installed. Ever since then, the 833 pops out of 2nd at very light throttle-like if you were letting off the gas to take a turn in a neighborhood. On the track it was an animal, but having to hold it in 2nd gear sucked. So this is his 3rd attempt to resolve that problem.
Let me see if I can find my thread....

EDIT: Here it is. My "adventures" with Passon, starting on page 9:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/i-think-i-broke-it-already.146938/page-9

The gist of it is the newly "rebuilt" transmission I received hadn't seen any sort of quality control apparently, as the reverse thingy that looks like a big bolt on the bottom of the case wasn't even in all the way.
As a result, reverse fought with any forward gear, making ungodly sounds and feeling like unbridled crap. I got him on the phone and sent him "live" shots of it up on the lift, offering to finish the job if he'd like me to.
Nope. He said slap it back in the crate and send it back.
At least he refunded me before the unit got back to him, once he saw UPS confirmation it was on the way.
Well, you'll see all the fun if you read my thread....

Last edited:
Before I read it, and after as well, I will still (and am still) doing business with Jamie Passon, admire him for the
Screenshot_2016-04-22-14-00-48-1.png

it took to design, source, manufacture, produce, and market a 5 speed bolt in no cutting 700 ft. lb. continuous torque rated BEAST of a transmission!
I have had both Wayne at Brewer's and Jamie help me out and I am grateful for BOTH of them doing what they do for the MOPAR Nation.

Before I read it, and after as well, I will still (and am still) doing business with Jamie Passon, admire him for the
it took to design, source, manufacture, produce, and market a 5 speed bolt in no cutting 700 ft. lb. continuous torque rated BEAST of a transmission!
I have had both Wayne at Brewer's and Jamie help me out and I am grateful for BOTH of them doing what they do for the MOPAR Nation.
Hey, no doubt about that at all.
I'm just saying his demeanor the entire way on the deal isn't what you'd call "customer friendly" and he's apparently
got some helpers doing some of his work for him, because what I got was a beautifully packaged transmission in that crate -
that wound up not being finished and should never have left his shop.
They've got a bit of a bug tussle between them, Passon and Brewer's - both laid claim to the "official supplier to Graveyard Cars"
and will both tell you stories on how the other guy is fibbing. Competitive, as you'd expect.
Our hobby is the better for having them both as far as I'm concerned - it's just a lot more pleasant to deal with Dan and he will
stop what he's doing to help you anytime.
Many of us have tried to talk him into getting some help so he can cut his lead times some, but he'll have none of it - for the
exact reason of what happened with the transmission I got from Passon.

Auto Transport Service
Back