• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Wanted to buy 1968-1971 project car around Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

erickson

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
Looking to buy a project a 1968-1971 B or C 2 door. I spend part of my winter in Phoenix Looking something to keep myself busy. Wanting a clean body. Anybody have something?

stop by desert valley auto salvage its out side of phoenix (last time I was in phoenix) they had a few nice whole cars for sale. even if they dont its worth a visit

stop by desert valley auto salvage its out side of phoenix (last time I was in phoenix) they had a few nice whole cars for sale. even if they dont its worth a visit
Better places to look, trust me on this. Those people at DVAS are crooked as a hillbilly's smile... just sayin

ok I take it you had a less then good experience with them. I went to the yard when I was in the phoenix area a bunch of years ago around 05, found the parts I wanted and they gave me a price I was happy with. They cut them out right then and there. All good as far as im concerned. Your mileage may vary. Just sayin....

unfortunately People still think there are a bunch of 60's cars floating around phoenix still. but there isn't. most there now have been brought there from other areas by people thinking easterners will buy them. in 1974 there were 600,00 people living there. So the number of 60's cars around then are the same as now. but, now there are 3 million people there. no increase in supply, greatly increased demand.

For people not knowing about the area, the land desert valley is on has recently been sold by the family, so they are cleaning out, crushing cars, and moving some of the better ones to the area around Maricopa.
if you show up in person, you may get a better price.I was told this two weeks ago.

Thanks I will make a trip to the yard and check it out. I’ve been out here on and off for the last 5 years in the winter. I know that the days of finding cars all over are long gone I bought a house here with a lot of garage space I will Probably bring one my cars from Wisconsin here next fall I enjoy working on my cars I I thought maybe one of our members around here had something they want to sell. I do have my hellcat challenger here it’s nice being able to drive a car in the winter months

I recommend you join the Greater Arizona mopar club, and socialize. eventually a car will show up. those guys sell mainly by word of mouth.

good luck ... the only thing you have to lose is you time

ok I take it you had a less then good experience with them. I went to the yard when I was in the phoenix area a bunch of years ago around 05, found the parts I wanted and they gave me a price I was happy with. They cut them out right then and there. All good as far as im concerned. Your mileage may vary. Just sayin....
They once were a great place to shop for parts when the old man was running it but after Jr. took over along with the TV crap it went 180.
Around 05 you were still dealing with the old man...
Unless your out there pulling parts yourself your gonna get what you need but if your just buying stuff online, buyer beware, been a lot of bait and switch..
I've gotten some decent parts from them before the young'un took over, try getting something from them now and you'll probably change your opinion.... there are several other yards I would look at before I took my business there. I've lived in that area for over 30 years and have dealt with a lot of yards in the southwest so it's my advice, take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back