• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wants to turn off in a little car traffic

joseph p.

Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Hi Mopar family,,drove my 69 satty vert 383 stock avs Carter 4bbl stock,stock everthing,,,,took her out for independence day a few miles away with the old lady,started her ,everything went well ,,rode amazing on the freeway ,,but coming back home hit traffic and it started to do small baby stumble,I kept it alive after putting her in neutral,,got it home parked it while engine running to open garage,, she turned off after putting it in drive,,started it up and gave it some gas in neutral ,then slapped it in drive and pulled it inside,garage,,this happened a couple of times in the past,,,thanks for viewing,,any advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Pump, filter, or vapor lock would be
the first three I'd check. Sounds
like a fuel delivery problem.

While it's difficult to diagnose without personal inspection & troubleshooting, it seems it may be a fuel system problem. Bad gas, clogged sock, fuel pump problem, clogged fuel filter, carb issues.

No stumbling,,
While it's difficult to diagnose without personal inspection & troubleshooting, it seems it may be a fuel system problem. Bad gas, clogged sock, fuel pump problem, clogged fuel filter, carb issues.
i was guessing that,,thanks bro.

Auto Transport Service
Back