• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning About Legendary Headliners Sold by Classic Industries

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Classic Industries sells Legendary Auto Interior headliners under the name Restorer's Choice. I bought one from them and according to the item details it was supposed to include extra material to cover the sail panel boards.

According to Legendary, the item description is wrong. So, I had to order the material from legendary and pay an additional $45 shipped for 1 yard. I had planned on having the headliner installed early this week. I won't get the material for the sail panel until next week sometime.

Buyer beware.

headliner.PNG

P.S. The guy at Legendary I spoke to is going to contact Classic Industries about getting that item description corrected.

Why didn't you just order it direct from Legendary? A few of us advised you that the sail panels had to be bought extra, no extra material came with our headliners.

Why didn't you just order it direct from Legendary? A few of us advised you that the sail panels had to be bought extra, no extra material came with our headliners.
I have an account with CI and have an appreciation for their customer service. I have never dealt with Legendary and since the price was the same I went with what I know. I must have misunderstood you guys. I don't recall anyone saying the headliner does not come with extra material to recover the boards. Neither CI or Legendary list the extra material to purchase separately. I only found that out when I called to ask whether it should have come with the headliner, as CI's website said. I did buy the boards from CI and will have them covered once the material gets here. It was cheaper than buying the boards already covered for $85, besides, that's the way my interior guy likes to make/cover them himself.

No worries now. I just have to wait a few more weeks to git-er-done.

I have an account with CI and have an appreciation for their customer service. I have never dealt with Legendary and since the price was the same I went with what I know. I must have misunderstood you guys. I don't recall anyone saying the headliner does not come with extra material to recover the boards. Neither CI or Legendary list the extra material to purchase separately. I only found that out when I called to ask whether it should have come with the headliner, as CI's website said. I did buy the boards from CI and will have them covered once the material gets here. It was cheaper than buying the boards already covered for $85, besides, that's the way my interior guy likes to make/cover them himself.

No worries now. I just have to wait a few more weeks to git-er-done.

We sell Legendary products, and can probably beat both Classic and Legendary’s prices on the stuff, for future reference!

We sell Legendary products, and can probably beat both Classic and Legendary’s prices on the stuff, for future reference!

Your website and Classic have the same price. Are you saying your posted price is negotiable if a customer contacts you?

Your website and Classic have the same price. Are you saying your posted price is negotiable if a customer contacts you?
I’m saying that if you are a site member and PM me with what you are looking for, I’ll save you some money...

Manufacturers have pretty strict “advertised” price policies.

Back in the day legendary sold them and other things a a true kit......

Legendary has realized that they can make more $$$ by having an a la carte menu......

Do your homework when you order seats covers, foam, install kit etc.....the people answering the phones at legendary just take your order typically.......so make sure you get all what you need and ask questions....

It is sad we do not have a competitor in this area.....it would make legendary losen their business/swelled heads mentality.....

I ran into the same problem but I went back to CI and after investigating they said Legendary supplied the description of the product from their ad and that they have both been corrected.

I’m saying that if you are a site member and PM me with what you are looking for, I’ll save you some money...

Manufacturers have pretty strict “advertised” price policies.
That is good to know. Because your business is mostly geared toward the early B-Bodies, so the later B-Body crowd may not look to you to order something that may not be on your website. When in reality, if you sell a particular brand, you have access to their full line, regardless of year, make, and model.

That is good to know. Because your business is mostly geared toward the early B-Bodies, so the later B-Body crowd may not look to you to order something that may not be on your website. When in reality, if you sell a particular brand, you have access to their full line, regardless of year, make, and model.
Remember he did say they were adding items in the next couple of months......

Again, over the next two to three months expect the number of products available on our site to at least double, so please check back often!

Back in the day legendary sold them and other things a a true kit......

Legendary has realized that they can make more $$$ by having an a la carte menu......

Do your homework when you order seats covers, foam, install kit etc.....the people answering the phones at legendary just take your order typically.......so make sure you get all what you need and ask questions....

It is sad we do not have a competitor in this area.....it would make legendary losen their business/swelled heads mentality.....
Good advice, Justin.

All my interior was new from Legendary when I purchased my car and looks great. The previous owner bought and installed the cheaper headliner but it looked like crap. The headliner from Legendary is the last piece to get replaced.

Correct! I can get tons of parts for later B-bodies (and lots of other cars, really), but I just can’t afford to stock stuff for everything and competition for the later B’s is rough. I know the early B’s, so that’s what I do most. But we have the full line from Legendary, Trim Parts, The Right Stuff, Precision Replacement Products, Soff Seal, Auto Metal Direct, Detroit Muscle, R.E.M., PG Classic, and quite a few other places.

Correct! I can get tons of parts for later B-bodies (and lots of other cars, really), but I just can’t afford to stock stuff for everything and competition for the later B’s is rough. I know the early B’s, so that’s what I do most. But we have the full line from Legendary, Trim Parts, The Right Stuff, Precision Replacement Products, Soff Seal, Auto Metal Direct, Detroit Muscle, R.E.M., PG Classic, and quite a few other places.
I bookmarked your website for future reference.

Just looked through your parts. The torsion bars you have listed says it will fit 65-74. The 73-74 B body torsion bars are longer so they wont work on a 74 Charger.

Feel free to PM me on here if you ever need anything, as well.
Thankfully, we have a vendor that is proactive here on our wonderful forum......I will certainly keep you in mind and will refer when I can....

Your not too terribly far from me my friend....I am located in Dublin.....

Auto Transport Service
Back