• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warped Door Panel 66 Belvedere II Convert.

bxmas13

Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
I have a warped door panel from a '66 Belv II Convert. Is there a way to straighten the warped panel or am I stuck with rebuilding it?

There is no way I can afford what Yearone is asking for their panels.

DoorPanel.jpg

DoorPanel-2.jpg

I have had some success with getting them damp and clamping the door pan between two pieces of 3/4 in plywood for a couple of day till dry.
On another door panel I cut the bottom 6 inches off and but fitted a new piece on, then glued them together with an aluminum strip. It worked well.

20230217_081013.jpg

I just did my '62s i used some moisture and a heating pad+weight and let them sit for a few days (the heating pad was a 5w seedling pad that just gets warm and not hot that i had laying around) came out pretty good..

Those are great ideas. I will give them a shot, thanks!

You cab buy the new fiberboard. Carefully remove the vinyl from th eold board. Cut the new piece to fit. The bjiggest pain is cutting the slots for the mounting clips. Reglue the vinyl and install. Time consuming bet not that hard. Done more than a few. This is just one example.
Doug

39" x 65" Water Repellant Panel Board Black - Royal Upholstery

I wonder if there's enough interest for someone to make a tool to punch the mounting slots?

I know there are a LOT of cars that have broken or soft slot areas that could potentially be "fixed" by punching another slot at a different angle than the original.

Auto Transport Service
Back