• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was Christmas really just TWO weeks ago ? ? ?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
I missed it!
I got sick the Monday before and spent the week recuperating. Our family decided to put off our Christmas until tonight....2 weeks after the actual night.
THEN the Wife tested positive on Thursday. Sis and her husband tested positive yesterday. Nephew had a fever too!
Now, our festivities are delayed another week. Sis took the decorations down.
It feels strange. I was thinking about Christmas songs like Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus....and it felt like I was two months past Christmas....

I know the feeling wife was positive on the 2nd, had to stay home Christmas came and went. Feel like I lost a whole month. This flu is messing up alot.

I missed it!
I got sick the Monday before and spent the week recuperating. Our family decided to put off our Christmas until tonight....2 weeks after the actual night.
THEN the Wife tested positive on Thursday. Sis and her husband tested positive yesterday. Nephew had a fever too!
Now, our festivities are delayed another week. Sis took the decorations down.
It feels strange. I was thinking about Christmas songs like Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus....and it felt like I was two months past Christmas....
Don't worry.....it's only 50 weeks until Christmas rolls around again. :D

....Chris Rea should have plenty of time to get his bloody car serviced this time.

60kek1.jpg

This year Christmas was really weird for us. We were in Mexico wearing shorts and crocs until just before. Even though Mexicans are very into Christmas we just couldn’t wrap our head around it. We are used to snow and cold. When we got home we put up the tree, cooked a great Turkey meal, and had the daughter and her fiancé over, but it felt like we were always two steps behind.

Christmas is in the middle of summer for us down here. Hard to pack away the food when it's hot as hell outside. :eek:

I have wondered about that before. You guys see all the American media and entertainment industry showing cold weather related Christmas stuff and are watching it in your short pants and flip flops!

I have wondered about that before. You guys see all the American media and entertainment industry showing cold weather related Christmas stuff and are watching it in your short pants and flip flops!
And the worst part is.....the Shawshank Redemption is usually on Boxing Day (Dec 26) ....only showed on TV on Friday night.
Lucky I have it on DVD. :lol:

She is bouncing back quickly. No fever today. Mine lasted several days. By next week, I'll feel more like mowing the lawn than opening presents.

I missed it!

Your recent life needs a theme song.

Wife came home on the 3rd with covid. We missed my birthday on the 5th and she hardly made it through her own on the 11th. Fortunately, she was out of quarantine and feeling well enough, that we could go to Salt Lake City to spend Christmas in our son's new house. Daughter made it also this year ! She had covid last chritmas. She called me yesterday and has gotten it again !

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Who we celebrate is more important than when or how.

Feel better soon, everyone.

Auto Transport Service
Back