• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was i wrong ?

Littering is WRONG, ******* period. VIOLATING TRAMPS NEED To Be Called Out on their BULLSHIT, ******* period!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if the critics here are just the non confrontational types or if they think that they are being polite.
By throwing the can away yourself, you are also giving the idiot a pass on his actions. He can go on thinking he can **** on the world without anyone trying to stop him. This can be compared to looking the other way at a drug dealer in your neighborhood, a wife being abused, a crooked politician....Taking a stand against wrongdoing is what a good citizen should do. I understand a person having a problem with the specific way that the OP handled the situation but are you critics really such pacifists that you would let people violate you like this? What would it take to get you to stand up? You know that a country boy or Military member would not tolerate this sort of thing.
Bad behavior will continue unless action is taken.

As far as I would have gone is to give the guy a clear stink eye. One that would have properly communicated my thought on the issue.
After all, that would have been the original intent. No?
The actual disposal of the can part of this is mute.
People that litter know that they do it. People that don't hold a door know that they don't. People that fart in an elevator know where they are when doing so. Etc. I (personally) like to be clean when I go out in public. Some don't.
Recently I was behind a guy at checkout in a supermarket. He reeked of urine and feces so bad I had to step back 10 feet. He was polluting my space in a big way but for some reason I did not feel like punching him out for his pollution.
We all will pick our own battles as we see fit.

What you should have done: Pick the can up, tell owner where the trash can is, and then put it there yourself. If idiot says anything, it's on him, not you.

Did this, and you would of: 1 stood up against littering and 2, been the better person by picking it up and throwing it away

JB, that is one way to handle it. You at least get it that we can't just look the other way. Something should have been done.

" By throwing the can away yourself, you are also giving the idiot a pass on his actions. He can go on thinking he can **** on the world without anyone trying to stop him. This can be compared to looking the other way at a drug dealer in your neighborhood, a wife being abused, a crooked politician "

holy **** is that a stretch .. it was a can of pop .. This is being a pacifist ? by not confronting a 60 something pop can litterer .. I've noticed you like to label people, you really need some help .. you've stated in some past post you can be an asshole, probably the most correct statement you have ever made. You must be a joy to be around. You should seek help. I also was a Military person, and I can't figure what that has to do with not getting in the face of a simple pop can litterer ?? ..And my last remark to Aaron was not an opinion, it was advise , which he asked for. So I really don't need your comment

Don't like what you see here? Move along like you would with anyone you see littering...

Attempting to 'cure' the symptoms only reinforces the problems.
And the problem isn't 'simple'.

These losers breed with other losers of the same caliber with no improvements in genetics. You couldn't change their ways no matter how hard you hit em on the head:BangHead:

These losers breed with other losers of the same caliber with no improvements in genetics. You couldn't change their ways no matter how hard you hit em on the head:BangHead:
yeah, and to think he probly votes !!
A cigarette burn in the face would have started a fight w/ me . That`s assault.

My Brother always told me to quit stressing over things I cannot change....that's a cop out imo. Out of all the years of witnessing litter pigs & confronting them, I have had the occasion to see two of them change Their ways in the wake of it, actually Thank me for showing Them to the threshold of realization. No matter how small the change, an inch of movement is worth the grief. Hopefully others that I never saw again, a few of those came to their own realization. If Humanity cannot change this basic flaw, that requires nothing more than to not do it, then there is no hope of changing any of the myriad of things that threaten our existence on this planet....PERIOD!

You weren’t wrong, no. Is this him?

E72F1C4A-3514-4ECD-90B2-769CEF50EAD7.jpeg

Captain: You gonna get used to wearin' them chains after awhile, Luke. Don't you never stop listenin' to them clinking, cause they gonna remind you of what I've been saying -- for your own good.

Luke: I wish you'd stop being so good to me, Cap'm.

Captain: Don't you ever talk that way to me. Never! Never!

[addressing prisoners]

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men, you just can't reach.

So you get what we had here last week -- which is the way he wants it.

Well, he gets it.

And I don't like it anymore than you men.

_________

Anyway, it would be interesting to hear opinions from any of our fellow FBBO compatriots that are former or current L.E.O.

Auto Transport Service
Back