• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weatherstrip at Top of Door on 3rd Gen Charger

JR_Charger

Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
95_window_blocks_weatherstrip_screws.JPG

My problem here is that the window does not roll down far enough, and blocks access to some of the screws holding the weatherstrip on.

I installed the weatherstrip a couple decades ago and can't remember the trick to doing this. I don't recall taking the window out but that seems to be the only way to get to the screws.

I did mine on my 74 a couple of years ago. It seems I had to remove the big rubber blocks at the bottom of door that acted as stops and it allowed the window to go down just enough to get to the screws. I may have also loosened the door track adjustments to move the window inward some to get to the screws.
Terry W.

Thanks! I figured that as soon as I touched the window I'd find out it wasn't necessary, but it looks like it is necessary after all.

Yep- big rubber block.

Be careful though, the tab of rubber that goes into the metal slot can crack or break off.

Auto Transport Service
Back