• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird dreams....let's see some of yours!

After reading some of these, I'm feeling a whole lot better about myself.
np_dream_1-e1524866596592.jpg
4ae132b930d20294e6fb6b3c068ff1dea9100915c908d03873ae7f1c1fa4abd8_1.jpg

I know that many times, nobody cares about the dreams that others have, but....
This morning I sprung AWAKE from a dream, the likes of which I have never had.
Something was posted online and after some research, I uncovered some Russian plot involving Mafia type business with a local businessman. I got strange feelings that they were going to come after me.
I walked into the shop and heard shuffling, I suspected a bird or rodent but nothing was seen. I brushed it off as being something that I imagined.
I went back to the house and went inside. A closet door was closed that I always leave open and the dogs were nowhere in the house as they always are.
Strange spidey-senses really kicked in.
I went for one of my guns and loaded it, rocked the slide and was ready. I walked through the kitchen to see a man coming through the patio door backing in, trying to be quiet. He had a gun in his hand and as he turned my way, he got two in the chest and fell immediately.
Now, given the prevailing theme of movies and TV, you'd think it was pretty tame. I walked the rest of the house looking for a second intruder but found none, then called 911. I pondered about the risks...maybe another team was waiting to step in as backup...Who wants to wait 15 minutes for Police to arrive when the killers could be there in 3 minutes.
I woke up at 6:30 to this dream...I do not wake up that early anymore unless I set the alarm. THIS woke me up and I couldn't return to sleep.
I laid in bed figuring that this was just an outlandish creation of my own mind but wow....what detail and impact it had on me. I got up and checked the safe. All is well.
I have a history of unusual dreams...How about you?
This got me remembering a dream I had 40 some years ago. Backround: I attended a Catholic gradeschool, 1-8th grade, 1962 to 1970. Teachers were all nuns with the exception of school nurse who also taught music or something like that.
Anyway in the dream I am walking along the sidewalk next to the school (long since graduated). In the parking lot I see a motorcycle tipped over and trapping the driver underneath. As I get closer I see it is the school nurse, she says nothing. I go around and grab the bike, lifting it off of her and as soon as her hands are free she produces a handgun and shoots me 3 times in the chest. In the dream I can feel the bullets penetrating. I wake myself up screaming.
Never could figure that one out. Have never had another like that. The only thing I can think of is that at the time I was working a swing shift temporarily. Sleep patterns were all messed up. Could not tell what day it was.

I feel better thinking that weird dreams are the byproduct of a creative mind.
I've had the dream where I'm out and about running errands, then I look down and I'm naked. This is supposed to signify being unprepared.
I've had sexy dreams with women that were not really sexy but the aura of the dream sure made it feel right.
Rarely have I had erotic dreams about other women when I'm in a committed relationship....I wonder if that stems from my drive to avoid doing things that I know I'd regret later. Guilt eats at me when I've done someone wrong.
I don't have a fear of falling. I've worked above ground and am not nervous doing it. (Despite my fall from my own house roof 5 months ago)
I ought to look up the possible explanation for those dreams I mentioned about running into numerous obstacles when trying to get home....Maybe it is an exercise in developing problem solving skills?

Saw a guy burn in a car fire......had several dreams after that for about 2 years.

For many years I would dream of a dead end road that led to a river. I found that road one day when I was driving to a job. I drove to the end and it was pretty much as my dream. I told my mom about it and where it was. Mom told me that dad had taken us fishing there a couple times, but I couldn’t have been much older than 3 or 4.
Since I have gotten a CPAP my dreams are really strange, a mixture of animation and real people. Kind of like Roger rabbit type.

I have some bizarre dreams that I can't remember for more than ten seconds after I wake. The more I try to remember them, the more they fade away like mist in a hot sun.

I really wish that I could record my dreams and play them back later.

I have some bizarre dreams that I can't remember for more than ten seconds after I wake. The more I try to remember them, the more they fade away like mist in a hot sun.

I really wish that I could record my dreams and play them back later.
That sounds like a Poloroid picture in reverse. The Wife is the same way. She rarely remembers her dreams.
I've had a LOT that I remember but about half of them are a mish-mash of unrelated things that are pointless to try to figure out.

I dream in colour....anyone else?

I often wake myself up from dreams when I am trying to take a whizz. It's like my cue to snap out of it and go to the bathroom.

Also....I don't usually talk about it much....but after trying to save the life of a two-year-old kid who had been beaten to a pulp by his mother's boyfriend.....I had nightmares for around two years.....same **** every night almost like a recorded re-enactment of that horrible day.

I don't dream much recently.
But there are some from my
past, I wish were a
continuation.
"
"Let me not mar that perfect Dream
By an Auroral stain
But so adjust my daily Night
That it will come again.

Not when we know, the Power accosts -
The Garment of Surprise
Was all our timid Mother wore
At Home - in Paradise."
Emily Dickensin

There is a ton of research on sleep of course, and did some checking when I was having recurring dreams. It has been said that if you have some good recollection of dreams, you have awakened quickly from a deep state of sleep. Tips on how or why this happens. No matter with me. I’ve always been a wild sleeper anyway, jostle around a lot, blanket/pillows everywhere with my hair looking like it was brushed by a tornado. Probably burn more calories sleeping than when I’m awake, lol.

Sometimes I am speaking a foriegn language in my dreams. Whats wierd is that I can't understand what I am saying. How can my mind speak it but not understand it? Pretty freaky.
But I think its I talian, and my mother and her parents spoke I talian in our house when I was a boy, so maybe that is why.

(1) most of my weird dreams are anachronistic. There have been a few weird dreams that involved monsters from old movies.

(2) my repetitive dreams have been literally going on for decades since I was a child. A typical one involves preparation for a test or major exam and I wake up thinking I have one that day and need to study more and get to class early. Still happens. I haven't had a graduate class since 1997.

(3) Dreams that get embedded as actual/fact in my brain. I sometimes realize that what I thought was fact was actually a dream. Ugh, sometimes I can't separate dreams from reality. What is true and what isn't true? Fortunately, this doesn't happen too often (I think).

(4) Bad life events...real ones. Dreams that occur to repeat the bad event, but a different sequence of steps leading to the bad event. The steps can be real or dreamed/imagined. Sometimes reliving the bad event, but other times I'm dreaming as just a witness/bystander of the things unfolding.

(5) Dreams where I solve a problem I had not been able to solve that day/week. I finally learned to get up at 2 a.m. and write out everything even if it took an hour or two. An epiphany during/from a dream.

(6) Present-day dreams where an old friend I haven't seen in decades is in a life-or-death situation and I'm just an observer from afar...not present, but witnessing it like I'm looking into a crystal ball. Powerless to do anything.

(7) Just dreaming/reliving actual events as they actually happened. I'm not talking about daydreaming, but actually dreaming the actual events from anytime in my past.

Do any of you guys dream in Technicolor? I do.

Time to go to bed now. :p

Last edited:
I have that recurring dream about not being able to find a bathroom!

For almost 10 years, and at least once a month, I would have a dream about brakes failing in various vehicles with much wildness during the "venture" down hill and then never see the "ending". I haven't had that dream once since I finished the Bee restoration. The mind is a funny thing...

(1) most of my weird dreams are anachronistic. There have been a few weird dreams that involved monsters from old movies.
Uh, there is a word that I'll have to look up. "High School" graduate here, no college!
(2) my repetitive dreams have been literally going on for decades since I was a child. A typical one involves preparation for a test or major exam and I wake up thinking I have one that day and need to study more and get to class early. Still happens. I haven't had a graduate class since 1997.

(3) Dreams that get embedded as actual/fact in my brain. I sometimes realize that what I thought was fact was actually a dream. Ugh, sometimes I can't separate dreams from reality. What is true and what isn't true? Fortunately, this doesn't happen too often (I think).
I call these "False memories". It happens often with me. I do dream a lot and have enjoyed naps for all my life. As a result, I have a vast library of events that I have to stop for a moment to remember if I dreamed it or lived it.
(4) Bad life events...real ones. Dreams that occur to repeat the bad event, but a different sequence of steps leading to the bad event. The steps can be real or dreamed/imagined. Sometimes reliving the bad event, but other times I'm dreaming as just a witness/bystander of the things unfolding.

(5) Dreams where I solve a problem I had not been able to solve that day/week. I finally learned to get up at 2 a.m. and write out everything even if it took an hour or two. An epiphany during/from a dream.
I've had several where a problem of some sort I'm having in the conscious world is met with a sensible solution during the dream.

(6) Present-day dreams where an old friend I haven't seen in decades is in a life-or-death situation and I'm just an observer from afar...not present, but witnessing it like I'm looking into a crystal ball. Powerless to do anything.
Yes. The observer that watches as if you're seeing a TV show where you can do nothing but watch.
(7) Just dreaming/reliving actual events as they actually happened. I'm not talking about daydreaming, but actually dreaming the actual events from anytime in my past.

Do any of you guys dream in Technicolor? I do.
Yes, I do think that my dreams are in color...at least I am pretty sure. I recall specific colors of cars, grass, buildings and other things from my dreams.

Somewhat of a recurring dream, but somehow, I sign up for another patrol on the sub I was on in the Navy and when I get onboard and open the Sonar shack door, all my former shipmates are there. Even the ones that got out of the Navy before me. Even the 3 that I keep in touch with to this day. They are all surprised and want to know why I choose to come back. At that point I wake myself up thinking why the hell did I do that for? Some of them have been dead for 10 - 20 years.

Somewhat of a recurring dream, but somehow, I sign up for another patrol on the sub I was on in the Navy and when I get onboard and open the Sonar shack door, all my former shipmates are there. Even the ones that got out of the Navy before me. Even the 3 that I keep in touch with to this day. They are all surprised and want to know why I choose to come back. At that point I wake myself up thinking why the hell did I do that for? Some of them have been dead for 10 - 20 years.
Dreams that take place modern day yet include those dead for 20 years do leave me confused when I wake up.
One thing that still surprises me is that we often just accept matters when we are dreaming as if they are customary or common.
You could be driving a Ford with a hideous transvestite next to you listening to country music while eating a fish taco and you never question any of it despite being disgusted by all of those things in real life.

Auto Transport Service
Back