• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome wagon for wagons

Here's mine.
mon2.jpg
mon4.jpg
mon9.jpg

Here's one I used to have. Version 1: fairly stock looking Coronet 440 3-seater with 383, automatic
Version 2 : R/T one-of-none wagon, with 440, 4-speed, bucket seat interior

83794155_1517167828449267_1576042329486131200_o.jpg

scan0001[2].jpg

scan0002[2].jpg

LOVE mid 60's turquoise.

face.jpg

My '72 Satellite Custom. Power front discs, no a/c, 2 row seating, no roof rack. Originally a 318/904/8.75" 3.23SG 489 case rear (yes, that was the factory rear!). Then a crate 360/380 Magnum with reverse/manual 727, 2400 stall, and Mopar SS/D leaf springs as well as a set of 3" duals to the bumper. Currently a warmed-up LA 360 with a 'regular' 727, still has the SS/D springs, duals, and the factory rear with 17" Ridler wheels. Waiting for me to get my *** in gear and install the '05 5.7 Hemi I have sitting next to it....but I still drive it with the 360 and have fun with it.

IMG_20150426_175545_790.jpg

Whoever designed that rump stripe got it right.

Not really a fan of that on cars that couldn't have come with it, but that one works- goes with the lines nicely.

Finally home. Need a few rear interior panels. Going to have a headiliner made like the two doors have. Need to find an interior shop to do seats in original pattern.

IMG_0669.jpeg

70726269155__6FA6084D-B3AB-440A-9E94-3ADE7BA846E8.jpeg

When I did my 1967 R/T wagon, I ordered regular R/T covers for my front bucket seats, plus a "buddy seat" cover. Then I ordered the narrower R/T convertible rear seat covers, and some extra yardage of the skirt vinyl, and had a local upholsterer fashion my rear seat covers. This was all from Legendary Interiors.

scan0002[2].jpg

Finally home. Need a few rear interior panels. Going to have a headiliner made like the two doors have. Need to find an interior shop to do seats in original pattern.

View attachment 1472831

View attachment 1472832

AFAIK "wagon" headboards are "just" perforated card stock, formed at the edges.

We have a member here, that makes the friction fit plastic separator trim- "EJL" is his user name

His parts are awesome. I beta tested a set.

My cardboard headliner pieces are in extremely rough shape. This wagon was from Arizona and a lot of the interior parts are deteriorated.
I like the original seat cover design from the bench seat. I dont like the 68 bucket seat design. I need to see if someone can custom make the bucket seat covers to mimic the bench design.

Hey all you wagon lovers, I don't see much in the way of wagon content on here.
Is there a diehard group of wagon people hiding, or am I a lone weirdo?
Especially 71-4 style.
Nope. Your not the lone weirdo! Welcome! Getting this one ready with new brakes- 17's and 18's on Rambler wheels. Will show pics sometime this month. Check out FCBO also.

20230109_190647.jpg

20230109_190628.jpg

20230109_190618.jpg

20230109_190501.jpg

20230109_190420.jpg

20230109_190604.jpg

Your car needs a date with a frame rack. Depending on what it looks like underneath on the rails and inner panels, pretty good chance much of that will come out. You'll still have some buckles to deal with and body/paint work, but otherwise groovy. The kicker will be finding someone with the skills to do it. The car is old enough not to be in the data base for the machine's target measurement readings but if you find a guy who can think using what the targets tell him, he can get you there. Guy I worked with was that caliber. Of course he had been doing body repair for 20+ years and had at various times worked on sprint cars/stock cars where there is no measurement to go by he rocked.

Your car needs a date with a frame rack. Depending on what it looks like underneath on the rails and inner panels, pretty good chance much of that will come out. You'll still have some buckles to deal with and body/paint work, but otherwise groovy. The kicker will be finding someone with the skills to do it. The car is old enough not to be in the data base for the machine's target measurement readings but if you find a guy who can think using what the targets tell him, he can get you there. Guy I worked with was that caliber. Of course he had been doing body repair for 20+ years and had at various times worked on sprint cars/stock cars where there is no measurement to go by he rocked.
Fortunately for me, I'm one of the best around. Did everything for everyone else. They dragged crap in, and left driving to the show to win.
I also did late model heavy collision for years before that. So I have my own frame rack, and paint booth.
The hardest part is time. Now I have that. But the convertible is first on the list.
Cut up a wagon to get a good qtr, if I need it. The rail will need repair, buckled hard and collapsed in the arch.
I had just finished a fresh 440, and bought rug and upholstery before it got hit. And NOS trim bits.

Cool. I was always impressed by what Bill could do. Anything from train wrecks to being a fill in painter. He also did custom painting and sand car wiring on the side. I sure learned a lot from my time there. Started off as an estimator then got thrown into the deep end managing it within a year. I spent quite a bit of time in the shop helping when an extra hand was needed which allowed me to suck up knowledge on their work.

Those are very nice. I'm looking forward to the day one is in my garage.

Auto Transport Service
Back