• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Wagon

Thank you, bringing the show back by popular demand. Beautiful Plymouths, picture perfect setting. I can feel the shade from the surrounding trees. Thought of something I wanted to share with you. On Okinawa we'd go to Kadena Air Force Base for lunch on occasion. Air Force food was like fine dinning in comparison to ours, and I'll never forget that. When we received new gear, it was something the Army was handing down ... lol! I saw the SR-71 which I guess was nicknamed the Habu, that's what we always called it. We saw it stage on the runway and take off from a mountain, it was incredible, just flew away in a flash. We were somewhere where we could see the runway on Kadean.

Well, it's white instead of red, and it probably shouldn't be alive, plus who doesn't love some Rob Zombie.

The first comp sports game I ever went to was paid for by GTE.

Tampa Lightning a couple years before the first cup.

Box with beer and pizza. Quite nice.
Hockey, Beer, Pizza, Rob Zombie and mopar at your hands and feet. Cheers

Welcome from Alabama, great to see your Mopars shaping up.
Thank You for the warm welcome from Alabama Jerry Hall. Is that a Super Bird in your profile picture? I've only seen one out in the wild in my entire life with the exception of a car show. It was driving westbound on Santa Monica Boulevard in the mid 1990's. Orange with a black vinyl top, a clean machine, growling as good as it looked. Beep! Beep!

It's a nickname I got from Rumblefish360 when he saw what I did with his intake manifolds many years ago.
Saw that tour at McNichols Arena in Denver -- those cannons OMG!!! But classic rock fuels me more than heavy metal.
I'm sure we'll get along famously.
I explored your PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS site. Very nice work, quality, attention to detail, everything somebody wants and looks for. Have lots of work ahead of me and I will drop you a line. Dumb question...can a powder coated covering on a cast aluminum valve cover be removed without harming the aluminum? I have a pair and the orange powder coating is beat to bullocks.

Welcome from New Zealand.
KiwiKid72, thanks for the warm welcome from so far away. I want to visit your homeland some day and drink a few mugs of Lion Red Beer on the coastline. Met a few people from over there many years ago selling parts on craigslist. They told me about Lion Red. Cheers and happy Holidays. I just made this up last night while writing Christmas cards. HEMI CHRISTMAS, AND A HAPPY FIRST GEAR! Tell me what you think.

Hey Matt, @HevyMetlMachine Sorry for the late reply, I've been staining wood around the house and haven't been on in a couple days. Wow, you sound like you know your way around Pittsburgh! I don't recognize some of the spots you mentioned, most I do. Have a great day!
Sorry for my delayed reply, so much going on everywhere. Had such a good time over there, and the lead we worked for was so hospitable. He showed us so much when we were going to different jobs, like a tour guide. It was Christmas time and I think it was called McKnight Road. This lady I met was calling it McNightmare road because traffic was so bad. I didn't mind it, as California has really awful traffic, maybe the worst next to New York City.

I explored your PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS site. Very nice work, quality, attention to detail, everything somebody wants and looks for. Have lots of work ahead of me and I will drop you a line. Dumb question...can a powder coated covering on a cast aluminum valve cover be removed without harming the aluminum? I have a pair and the orange powder coating is beat to bullocks.

Thank you!!! I definitely love my job.

There's no such thing as a dumb question; if ya don't know, you don't know.

Straight up, yes. If the finish on yours is already "beat to bullocks," I suspect either it's paint or the prep work under the powder was woefully inefficient, sprayed onto unblasted or dirty/oily metal.

The vast majority of what I work up is used cast aluminum. The processes and techniques have been refined over the last 24 years and, as an artist too who believes custom work should be just that, it's incredibly rare that any two color schemes are the same. This last year has seen a few repeats by customers though who fell in love with an earlier job. Don from FABO wanted his big and small block Weiands to mirror each other.

IMG_20230926_140054.jpg

IMG_20231016_174007.jpg

Kris liked how Stephen's 2022 Weiands turned out too, and picked up a couple dress up packages with intakes and valley pans on his way home from the Moparty with overlapping colors so he and his son could swap them out.

IMG_20230917_092252.jpg

IMG_20230917_091522.jpg

img_3_1692208633623.jpg

img_2_1692208619427.jpg

FB_IMG_1700017825038.jpg

Existing powder coating can be chemically stripped or mechanically removed by blasting. It's typically a tougher finish than any paint job but ONLY if the prep is properly dealt with.

We've all seen "powder coated" welding carts from Harbor Freight where the finish is coming off in sheets revealing shiny, oily and rusted metal underneath which all point to inadequate / no prep at the factory where it was made. The wrong blasting media can also do more damage to aluminum than good so hiring an experienced metal finisher is in your best interests.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional, just wait until you hire an amateur."

I appreciate your kind compliments and spending some time on my website! I look forward to working with you and having the opportunity to earn your business.

IMG_20230917_091114.jpg

IMG_20230917_091855.jpg

Thank you for the warm welcome from Tennessee. I have never been there, but hope to visit one day. I knew a guy in my first unit in the Fleet Marine Force, when I was a green-boot. They would trick us new guys, ask us to get a box of Grid Squares, or a tube of Frequency Grease. Think he was from Sneadville Tennessee.
Holy crap, I can pretty much see Sneedville from my ridge (it's about 25 miles off thataways).
Small world, eh?

Thank You for the warm welcome from Alabama Jerry Hall. Is that a Super Bird in your profile picture? I've only seen one out in the wild in my entire life with the exception of a car show. It was driving westbound on Santa Monica Boulevard in the mid 1990's. Orange with a black vinyl top, a clean machine, growling as good as it looked. Beep! Beep!
20191011_074311.jpg

Here is you a better picture.

Well, it's white instead of red, and it probably shouldn't be alive, plus who doesn't love some Rob Zombie.

The first comp sports game I ever went to was paid for by GTE.

Tampa Lightning a couple years before the first cup.

Box with beer and pizza. Quite nice.

@HevyMetlMachine

Did you fat finger that red X, my friend?

Matt:
Welcome from Foothill Ranch in Orange County, Taxifornia, just south of you !!
Awesome stories, and great thank you notes back to everyone, nice job.
Great cars and projects you have there.
Good luck and I also have that dreaded Mopar addiction disease.
Some PIC's...... and a few friends of mine have the disease too, but we don't want the cure !!
IMG_3731.jpg
Resized_IMG_3325_8379776424666.jpeg
Resized_20231007_095612_284101231604226.jpeg
Resized_20231111_095531_665005778391943.jpeg
Resized_20231111_095138_665042521247189.jpeg
Resized_20231111_095603_665003286867621.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back