• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welding help please. Can't get the machine to start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had returned it within 30 days - no problem. But he didn't - so now he owns the problem.

This makes no sense ... If he's not using it and returning it for a refund, why did he wait so long would be the first question.
If he's not using it, why is he buying another would be the second question.
If he never used it, how does he know its defective would be the third question.
Since its past 30 days, the warranty route would be the final statement.

Because he waited to ******* long, that's why !

My statement that " he's not using it and returning it for a refund" was a response to your hypothetical of buying a tool, using it and returning it. By buying another and returning the defective one, he is not getting a tool for free, he is merely working around their discretionary policy of a time limit on a return ( of an unused, defective tool). I guess up in Ontario, you guys just like to march like good little ducks in a row.

Screw Lowes. Buy another one and return the defective unit on the new receipt. Assuming that you eliminate anything on your end that is incorrect and it actually is a faulty unit.
If he would buy another one today and return the older (October) defective one tomorrow on the newest receipt, if by chance the newest one won't work, he had already returned one (the older one) on that newer receipt. Will he be stuck with the newer one if it did not work? I'd have a friend do a cash transaction (do not give real phone number) so your name won't pop up (credit card) when you return the older one. And do not sign your real name when you return it for cash.

I guess up in Ontario, you guys just like to march like good little ducks in a row.

Well we're not all a bunch of lying, cheating scumbags like you guys in New Jersey.

3557d382-5035-41ee-b836-9ab6c666fc56-EscalatedQuicklyThumb.jpg

Well we're not all a bunch of lying, cheating scumbags like you guys in New Jersey.

If you don't have any respect for yourself, at least have respect for the OP's thread.
You have something to say to me, feel free to PM me. I'm done with you.

Ok, like I've stated, I used to work retail, an auto parts store actually. We had people use items or buy "test parts" ,and return them. I won't be doing that. I won't need to to buy another and use that receipt. I'll just go up the channels until someone takes care of it. I was always told there was a 90 day warranty in Texas, so I probably just got a low level manager who thought I wanted a refund and didn't want to see his daily number drop at the end of the day. I still feel like I'm missing something with two not working. I may have some time tonight to take another look at it.

Any chance you've opened up the gun head, to look at the contacts, and wiring?

Any chance you've opened up the gun head, to look at the contacts, and wiring?
No, I've been hesitant to take things apart because 1 didn't want to void any warranty. And 2 wasn't sure I'd be able to spot anything other than the obvious. Like electronics inside the box, I'd have no clue

No, I've been hesitant to take things apart because 1 didn't want to void any warranty. And 2 wasn't sure I'd be able to spot anything other than the obvious. Like electronics inside the box, I'd have no clue
Being a Lincoln machine, it should have a 3 year warranty from Lincoln. The chance of getting one that doesn’t work is possible but two in a row, highly unlikely. Take it to a welding supply and see if they can help you out. They might be willing to at leadt test it for you. As a forewarning to those that make a future purchase, the farm and home machines are NOT the same machines that you’ll find in your local welding supply even though they both say “140” on them and they’re both made by Lincoln.

If you don't have any respect for yourself, at least have respect for the OP's thread.
You have something to say to me, feel free to PM me. I'm done with you.

Well you attacked me first AND I don't see what living in Ontario has to do with my honesty and integrity. So if you can't take what you dish out ...

Thanks to a few, this thread got shut down.....way to go guys and hope y'all are proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back