• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welding in a K frame

I see....just your little world of stirring up the pot.....:poke::rolleyes:
Actually not stirring at all just seems the best way making this for the kiddos and want it correct I dont see why the mounts on the K are good looks weak and flexy. This will be Grandpaws car if you know that one.

Actually not stirring at all just seems the best way making this for the kiddos and want it correct I dont see why the mounts on the K are good looks weak and flexy. This will be Grandpaws car if you know that one.
If you are talking about the way it mounts to the frame.....no, it's not weak and flexible. If it was we would have heard about it well before now but there have been some that cracked. Rough roads? Too much power? Car got crashed one time? Who knows. My old 10 second car was on it's original K frame and it didn't have the inner fenders anymore nor did it have roll bar braces going to the front frame horns. Never found any cracks anywhere on that thing.

Welding strong for cracks can be a bad day.

If you are talking about the way it mounts to the frame.....no, it's not weak and flexible. If it was we would have heard about it well before now but there have been some that cracked. Rough roads? Too much power? Car got crashed one time? Who knows. My old 10 second car was on it's original K frame and it didn't have the inner fenders anymore nor did it have roll bar braces going to the front frame horns. Never found any cracks anywhere on that thing.
You know I am going to change some of this not sure better or worse. Just a feeling to make it stronger. Remember the old sandwich mounts they sucked. Sir you had better than most if that makes sense.

I don't know why this is still being discussed. Are you waiting for agreement on your idea from an least one member before starting to weld?
If so, I reckon it's a great idea. I said the same thing on about page 2 or 3. Fire up that welder and just keep going until you get called in for supper.

The thing now is will it hold up ?
I don't know why this is still being discussed. Are you waiting for agreement on your idea from an least one member before starting to weld?
If so, I reckon it's a great idea. I said the same thing on about page 2 or 3. Fire up that welder and just keep going until you get called in for supper.
This is one of the things that is perfection or really bad Mine says perfection.

you would be welding to a high strength sheet metal (unibody) when you weld it will take all the hardness out along your weld leaving it very weak mild steel, it wont last long
Going have to see now its a guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back