• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, I Give Up!

RRDon

Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Well, not entirely but the time has come where I am no longer physically able to do all my own work on these cars. I can afford to hire work done but finding qualified people who are anywhere near as particular as I am about the details is next to impossible. Especially when you don't live in a big city. As I'm sure most of you know keeping these classic 50+ year old cars in tip top reliable driving condition requires serious on-going hands on maintenance. And since they're not making any more of them, trying to keep them from getting damaged while being driven out in traffic can be most nerve racking.

So, in order to still be out there and still be able to participate in all the local car events, including poker runs, cruises to various meet-up locations, etc., I'm adding a new modern Mopar to my stable.

I ordered a 2023 Challenger-Hellcat-Redeye-Widebody-Jailbreak. Yes, that's the 807 HP hypo version. I'm still keeping my 68 Road Runner but this will provide me with something else 'fun' to drive whenever the 'bird' is down for maintenance, upgrades or I'm just not comfortable taking it on longer trips where there might (usually is) road construction and other frequent hazards.

The new member of my Mopar family will be B5 bright blue with a matte black hood, hood pins, tan Laguna leather interior and black carbon dash. It should look pretty much like this:

closer 2.png

I could say it's my Christmas present but it will probable be 6 months or more before I get it. I was lucky to get my order in early for these limited production beasts.

That will be a pretty car! I was beyond excited when the new Challengers came out in 2008, and B5 was my number one desire for color.
I ended up getting a B5 R/T 6 speed in 2009 which I really loved. I regretfully sold it last summer as I didn't have room for it anymore after I bought my Magnum, which now resides in "its" spot in my garage.
I'd be really tempted to order a new Challenger myself now while you still can, if it wasn't for my more cars than garage space dilemma!
Congrats!

Well, I hummed and hawed about how I feel about that 2023 Hellcat you ordered. Not sure how I feel about 807 hp or B5? Actually, yes I do...That thing is sick! Congratulations! I love how you came to that decision btw.
Makes perfect sense IMO.
:thumbsup:

That will be a pretty car! I was beyond excited when the new Challengers came out in 2008, and B5 was my number one desire for color.
I ended up getting a B5 R/T 6 speed in 2009 which I really loved. I regretfully sold it last summer as I didn't have room for it anymore after I bought my Magnum, which now resides in "its" spot in my garage.
I'd be really tempted to order a new Challenger myself now while you still can, if it wasn't for my more cars than garage space dilemma!
Congrats!
Yeah I hear you about the garage dilemma. Between the RV, RR, RAM, wife's car and the Corolla, somethings got to give. Looks like the Corolla is going to be the 'outside' car when the new one arrives ;)

Famous quote (from me) "No matter how big your garage is, it's never big enough!"

Yeah I hear you about the garage dilemma. Between the RV, RR, RAM, wife's car and the Corolla, somethings got to give. Looks like the Corolla is going to be the 'outside' car when the new one arrives ;)

Famous quote (from me) "No matter how big your garage is, it's never big enough!"
Garages are like sailboats, two feet to short in length and width.

That thing is sick!
I have often wondered how "sick" got to be a desirable word. I have always associated it to be down in the dumps throwing up with the chills kinda thing. I'll take one of those Redeye-Widebodies though, any color will do.

As long as you keep the RR, no harm done!

I have often wondered how "sick" got to be a desirable word. I have always associated it to be down in the dumps throwing up with the chills kinda thing.
Me too. Good thing he knew what I meant and thanked me lol. That's no way to make friends if not. Maybe I should have said "that thing is mint". Nope, he may have argued with me about the color in that case. "It's Blue, not green" he may say...
:lol:

Should be a fun/fast driver too, nice color combo

congrats

hopefully, the RR doesn't get too jealous

I had the pleasure of driving a friends similar color Hellcat just recently. It was the "wimpy" version, with only 707 horsepower. :poke:
That thing was amazing. It was as docile and mild mannered as you could imagine - when you wanted it to be. But when you put your foot in it (in performance mode), it became a howling beast with power that simply put a crappy grin on my face. Wow, what a car!

I'm happy for you (and just a little bit jealous)! I'm sure you will love the car!

Well, not entirely but the time has come where I am no longer physically able to do all my own work on these cars. I can afford to hire work done but finding qualified people who are anywhere near as particular as I am about the details is next to impossible. Especially when you don't live in a big city. As I'm sure most of you know keeping these classic 50+ year old cars in tip top reliable driving condition requires serious on-going hands on maintenance. And since they're not making any more of them, trying to keep them from getting damaged while being driven out in traffic can be most nerve racking.

So, in order to still be out there and still be able to participate in all the local car events, including poker runs, cruises to various meet-up locations, etc., I'm adding a new modern Mopar to my stable.

I ordered a 2023 Challenger-Hellcat-Redeye-Widebody-Jailbreak. Yes, that's the 807 HP hypo version. I'm still keeping my 68 Road Runner but this will provide me with something else 'fun' to drive whenever the 'bird' is down for maintenance, upgrades or I'm just not comfortable taking it on longer trips where there might (usually is) road construction and other frequent hazards.

The new member of my Mopar family will be B5 bright blue with a matte black hood, hood pins, tan Laguna leather interior and black carbon dash. It should look pretty much like this:

View attachment 1379568
I could say it's my Christmas present but it will probable be 6 months or more before I get it. I was lucky to get my order in early for these limited production beasts.
Cool beans!!!

Garages are like sailboats, two feet to short in length and width.
My garage needs to be twice it's size and it's already nearly 1500 sq ft!

Me too. Good thing he knew what I meant and thanked me lol. That's no way to make friends if not. Maybe I should have said "that thing is mint". Nope, he may have argued with me about the color in that case. "It's Blue, not green" he may say...
:lol:
B5 is cool....but B7 is cooler! :D

I had the pleasure of driving a friends similar color Hellcat just recently. It was the "wimpy" version, with only 707 horsepower. :poke:
That thing was amazing. It was as docile and mild mannered as you could imagine - when you wanted it to be. But when you put your foot in it (in performance mode), it became a howling beast with power that simply put a crappy grin on my face. Wow, what a car!

I'm happy for you (and just a little bit jealous)! I'm sure you will love the car!
Man, I've driven lots of quick new cars including several Vipers but so far, only 1 Challenger that wasn't fast :(

very nice.
A good friend of mine has a near carbon copy twin to that car.
stupid fast is a huge understatement

IMG_2262.jpg

I want a TRX Rebel, Hellcat 703hp (?) Raptor Killer bad,
I just can't justify the
$72k stripped or $100k+ loaded/marked way up
or the tax & licences fees & the insurance annually
(just got dad a new truck lil' AWD turd Maverick Lariot, he wanted a Ford
I used my 02 F350 4x4 diesel dually for a trade-in, dad paid the rest, cash
)

I found a shitload of them TRX's, in stock, when 'everyone was saying'
"claiming" the TRX' they aren't out there or not available

Just for a truck 'for play', personal amusement
not a great investment, use of $100k
when I only have 60k miles on my 99 Dakota SLT 4x4 5.2ltr Magnum
at the rate I'm putting miles on it, I'll have it for 23 more years probably
for what I can get for it, it ain't going nowhere soon

Hell, I found like 40 pretty well optioned (like 20-23 of the 26 options I liked)
& another 25 or so, that way overpriced less optioned,
priced to the moon/fleecing/gouging the public
for an "alleged" unavailability, bidding wars (farses)
within a 250 miles circumference of/from me & I'm 'in the sticks'

Last edited:
Nice Challenger! It's good your keeping the roadrunner. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, I sold my Viper for a new Jeep Rubicon basically because standing 6'5" with a Viper you have to be a contortionist to get in and out of it and to work on it. I still got my muscle cars and hope to keep them for many more years or even buy a few more in the future. I could see owning a new Challenger someday, they got to be easier to get in and out of than a Viper!

I just can't justify the
)

Hell, I found like 40 pretty well optioned (like 20-23 of the 26 options I liked)
Absolutely True they hide them in back! I work for a Dealership part time the Shenanigans is disgusting! They have me park em in back then tell the Customer all we have are these low powered Challengers and Charger and the trucks Wow! The Dodge Corporation gets punished for making Colored Vehicles this was created under the Obama Administration. It's like .0000000001 % damage to Ozone according to the Administration. So now the push is not only Electric but rather Black & White cars and trucks. Just watch the dealers count the numbers and how few choices there are out there. I know it sounds crazy but I read all the crap sent out of the Whitehouse and this is a big Control Concept; like No Burn Fireplaces in California. Today is a No Burn Day of course they pick Christmas when it is 80° out today!

I just can't justify the
)

My friend bought two of them,one was in the 90k range the other almost 100k.

20221015_171548.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back