• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, I'm back into a B-body

Bought on the spot - '79 Magnum w/383. I get to take over somebody's hot rod project, that's always fun! :rolleyes:
Forgotten Big Block B-body Mopar. Unknown and Unprepared, we head for home... - YouTube
Congrats! Looks like a nice ride. Great video. **** happens but it was a experience you will remember. I alway thought it would be fun to fly to the coast, buy a car and drive it back, along with all the issues along the way. I did that to Dallas and picked up a tool truck and drove it back to Iowa. It was a fun trip.

I sure miss my 79 300.
On a side not I just found more of your (318willrun) videos.
I like 'um !
On another side note,toolman, Maybe this week !

Congrats! Looks like a nice ride. Great video. **** happens but it was a experience you will remember. I alway thought it would be fun to fly to the coast, buy a car and drive it back, along with all the issues along the way. I did that to Dallas and picked up a tool truck and drove it back to Iowa. It was a fun trip.
Now i have a reason to come over to FBBO :) I've bought and drove a lot of them home. Honestly, this is the first that ended up getting towed. No disappointments at all, though.

Great car you found there. I have fallen in love with these late model B bodies since I got my Cordoba early this year. Looks like you have a good head start on some performance parts. I see it already has HP exhaust manifolds.

I have always liked tue Magnums. I was going to buy one new back when I was in the navy.

So far just a new Mopar performance distributor and a Edelbrock avs 2 carburetor as necessary for "lean burn" delete. I have spent most of year sorting out the whole car.

View attachment 1039719
That’s a start! Though the question was directed to the thread started, 318WILLRUN.... I’ll still listen to what ya got and doing. But that should be another thread.....

That’s a start! Though the question was directed to the thread started, 318WILLRUN.... I’ll still listen to what ya got and doing. But that should be another thread.....
Sorry about that, I thought it was the original poster. I wasn't paying attention just looking at the avatar. Even took me a bit the figure out the avatars are a little different.

*Previous post deleted*

Sorry about that, I thought it was the original poster. I wasn't paying attention just looking at the avatar. Even took me a bit the figure out the avatars are a little different.

*Previous post deleted*
Oops, LOL. I didn't realize I duplicated a Avatar. I'll get another photo and change it.

Iy’s because you have good taste and a good eye for the camera. I like your old one because it shows the cars nose, like mine, so, I say re-do it ether closer or rather away.

Great car you found there. I have fallen in love with these late model B bodies since I got my Cordoba early this year. Looks like you have a good head start on some performance parts. I see it already has HP exhaust manifolds.
I'm much more familiar with A-bodies and small blocks. For sure them are HP manifolds? I'd go out and lift the hood and get numbers but right now it's covered in snow.. LOL

I'm much more familiar with A-bodies and small blocks. For sure them are HP manifolds? I'd go out and lift the hood and get numbers but right now it's covered in snow.. LOL
yes,the high arch is a dead giveaway.
watched your vid a week? or so ago,great find.
i got one of those too,cordoba,buckets console etc etc.
i think it was 800 bucks with a bb and dual fours sticking out of the hood.
parted it out,wasnt long after i wished i had kept it.
really enjoyed the vid,keep us apprised :thumbsup:

Oil pressure relief spring and or oil pump itself could be an issue and easy fix since the pump is external and inexpensive. It’s worth a few bucks.

PM coming

Oil pressure relief spring and or oil pump itself could be an issue and easy fix since the pump is external and inexpensive. It’s worth a few bucks.

PM coming
Bingo.
your spring is probably sticking.
i just went thru this helping a guy in california.
make sure you Prime the motor before restarting with new oil pump.
if you decide not to pull the distributor,and prime it that way,
then at least pull all the plugs out before you spin it.

Auto Transport Service
Back