• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well this is a weird one

Photon440

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score

A 2006 Charger made up to look like a 2nd gen.

00N0N_2ly6Phc1Xfr_07K07K_600x450.jpg

There was a dude on DodgeCharger.com that was trying to do this on a budget. He was piecing together stuff using a Chrysler 300 as a starting point.

I've done some pretty different stuff, but I wouldn't give you $1.57 and a hot ham sandwich for that mess. I always started with an engine, trans and a stout rear end. In other words, if your going bear, go grizzly. You can't do that on a budget and get the best results.

Ad states: "Needs a lot of serious finishing work, lots of metal work and body work needed"

Translation: He got started, it doesn't work or fit right and probably won't ever work or fit right, so now he's unloading it.

Ad states: "Needs a lot of serious finishing work, lots of metal work and body work needed"

Translation: He got started, it doesn't work or fit right and probably won't ever work or fit right, so now he's unloading it.

don't even think about dragging that thing down here! :poke:

A 305 V6 would be quite rare
It's likely that he meant it had the 305 hp. v6, as rated in newer Challengers. But the Pentastar wasn't even available yet back in 2006 so either he is guessing, or hoping people don't know the difference.

As crappy as the workmanship might be,it's still the best looking 2006 Charger I have ever seen! Why not start with a Hemi powered one though? Someone could make a decent driver out of it,but not with a 16k buy in though!

I've replaced many 305's with either 350, 406 or 383's.

I'm with the comment above, why do all that **** with a v6, Charger or not
what a waste of a gen 2 Body, at least start with a 5.7 Hemi at min.

this was on a 2013 (?) Charger SRT Hemi LX platform, can't remember which hemi
& I don't like reds much, or at all really, but it looked pretty good (aside from the color)
I think red is way overplayed/overdone, great if you like it 'BUT'
from what I remember when I saved a few photos, it was sharp/nice, well done
2013 Charger made from a LX platform #1.jpg

2013 Charger made from a LX platform #2.jpg

2013 Charger made from a LX platform #3.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back