• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well this is news to me.. Tightening of lug nuts not part of tire rotation.

The Supreme Court isn't much better, they say Police do not have to protect individuals. The case they heard was of a cop watching as an ex beat, cut, and stabbed his ex-wife. He had a club and gun, but only told the guy to quit. She lived, but was severely hurt and disfigured.
They dont do that here. There to busy suckin back donuts and sitting in there photo camera cars .

Looks to me like points D and E would cover their lack of information to the customer..

By not telling them lugnut tightening is not incuded...
(d) Make, either written or orally, an untrue or misleading statement of a material fact to a customer.
(e) Fail to reveal a material fact to a customer that the customer could not reasonably know if that omission tends to mislead or deceive the customer.

Bitch slap the Judge, Owner of Dealership, Dealerships Lawyer(at least twice), Mechanic and then the Judge again......:soapbox:

well,seeing as the judge admitted there was negligence By the Defendant/the dealer,
this verdict makes no sense at all.
the dealerships work,or lack thereof,Caused the accident.

this is like the Twilight zone for Justice or even Logic in America lately...

you can't fix stupid

it's rampant in our justice system today

simple logic/reasoning is not used anymore

everyone is in a litigious society today
especially the closer you are to the inner-shitty's

Michigan Court Rules Tire Rotation Does Not Include Tightening Lug Nuts

This is a wild case out of Michigan. If you’re a resident, turns out, a Michigan appeals court has decided a tire rotation service does not include tightening the lug nuts.

Not only is that illogical, but it also opens up a whole new arena for safety and legal issues.

The way this information came to light was through Samuel Anaya and Doris Myricks. Back in 2013 the couple took their car to a dealership in Grand Rapids for basic maintenance which included a tire rotation. On the way home, the left front wheel came off because, of course, the mechanic failed to tighten the lug nuts. The Myricks’ proceeded to sue the dealership for negligence.

Their attorney for the trial brought in the Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Act (MVSRA) which is a 1974 law that protects car owners against “unfair and deceptive practices” by mechanics in addition to negligence charges. When used, a defendant that violates the MVSRA must pay damages along with the plaintiff’s legal and court fees.

Initially, the court ruled that the dealer and mechanic had violated the MVSRA since the mechanic admitted he forgot to tighten the lug nuts. The jury went ahead and awarded $40,000 in damages and that the dealership cover the $70,000 in attorney and legal fees.

All sounds well. However, that motion was appealed by the dealership. And the appeals court ruled that the MVSRA had NOT been violated. Huh.

While the MVSRA protects drivers from “charge for repairs that are in fact not performed”, the judges decided the next step was to see if the tire rotation was performed. The word “perform” is where things get tricky and technical. Because yes, the rotation was performed. But was it performed correctly? If you want the exact words:

“We conclude, under the plain language of MCL257.1307a, that defendants “performed” a tire rotation, albeit negligently…There is no support for the trial court’s determination that a tire rotation is not “performed” if a service person fails to sufficiently tighten the lug nuts on one tire.”

So, essentially, the judges ruled that a tire rotation does not include tightening the lug nuts. The only requirement is “remov[ing] the tires and replace them on different axles or sides of the vehicle.” It does not involve using a torque wrench to tighten the lug nuts.

Basically, going forward, Michigan residents have two options. Either appeal the case and hope it heads to the State Supreme Court. Or, have the MVSRA clarified to include such details.
WTF !!!!!!!

The Supreme Court isn't much better, they say Police do not have to protect individuals. The case they heard was of a cop watching as an ex beat, cut, and stabbed his ex-wife. He had a club and gun, but only told the guy to quit. She lived, but was severely hurt and disfigured.
Where did this happen?

oh-****-diditighten-the-lug-nuts-on-that-last-job-2416168.png

I read this thread and can only say - Wow! What in the heck is going on in the judges mind? Stunning stupidity

Lugs not tightened on a SUV almost killed my wife as the run away tire hit the pillar on the passenger side at 60 MPH
Same here when I first started driving I had brand new 1200 dollar American racing wheels installed on my RX7. Get almost to my house and the vibration was terrible I get out pop a cap off and 3 of the lug studs fell out into my hand. There. Was only one left about half way out that kept the wheel on. Needless to say they bought me a new rim,tire and lug studs. Could have wrecked badly this was on the driver side rear of the car.

A classic Ron White bit... "it falls the eff off" (language warning!):

in the org. post

Michigan Appeals Court

a dealership in Grand Rapids
IIRC
I actually looked that up earlier. Absolutely insane. I’d be fired in no time if I didn’t act on that. As well I should be too. I took the job to help,,,,not to be a pussy

Whatever you did to get the tire off, do the opposite to get it back on, WTF

Auto Transport Service
Back