• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wendy’s planning Uber-style ‘surge pricing’ where burger prices fluctuate based on demand

Of all the fast food joints around here (DQ, McDonlds, Booger King, Five Guys and Wendy’s)I do like Five Guys the best. However, this explains why I haven’t been back to one in over three years….

View attachment 1623203

I used to take the 3 company guys there prior to 2021 and the four of us would eat for 55 bucks.
Yikes! Had the same at a local diner last week, just outside the Penn State zone, it was under 10 bucks, and the burger couldn't have been better, fresh meat from a local butcher. This is just one example of why I quit the big job in Chicago years ago to come back here.

Well for once we get a better deal than you guys. That's exactly what we pay in CAD
Of all the fast food joints around here (DQ, McDonlds, Booger King, Five Guys and Wendy’s)I do like Five Guys the best. However, this explains why I haven’t been back to one in over three years….

View attachment 1623203

I used to take the 3 company guys there prior to 2021 and the four of us would eat for 55 bucks.

There is HUGE profit in the soda. The cup and lid cost them more than the soda in the cup.
FIVE bucks for fries ?? That is almost half the cost of the burger.
During covid, I stepped up my "tip-game" and gave more. Nowadays, I'm not. I'll tip a server or someone that makes the order that differs from the standard menu like more cheese, cut in thirds, wrapped separate, no salt or whatever.
Why is it that nobody tips the McDonalds guy but the Five Guys people have their hands out? Is it because of the drive thru?

McD's is the perfect joint to have prices lowered during off-peak....as they keep their burgers on the slide for an hour after being made. Who wants a luke-warm burger that was made an hour ago?

McD's is the perfect joint to have prices lowered during off-peak....as they keep their burgers on the slide for an hour after being made. Who wants a luke-warm burger that was made an hour ago?
Having behind-the-counter access to all manner of businesses like I do, it's truly disheartening to see how the food is not
only prepared these days - but yes, like @kiwigtx says, places like Burger King and McDonald's keep the burger patties
in little plastic trays and bins once cooked (and Hardees/Carl's and etc. also do).
They can be in there for hours, right next to the chicken patties and fish and so forth...all steaming next to each other,
mingling and losing any flavor they might have once had.

A McD's manager asked me once if I wanted anything to eat (that happens a lot in my duties, especially places like
Cracker Barrel and such) and at first, I declined the offer - but then thought instead to see if the meat was actually still
decent if fresh off the grille.
He agreed and we chatted while watching a quarter pounder cook straight from frozen (yes, frozen)....
Once assembled into a burger, I took a bite....and then another, to make sure....and nope, no better, sadly.
I looked at the manager and he smiled a sad little smile and nodded agreement - the quality of the meat has gotten
that much worse over the years.

Come to the dark side, my son. It can be done. :)
Yes Sir, it can...in about 15-20 years

peter facepalm.png

I think it may be inevitable.

Remember- most people are too stupid to take $50 next week instead of $20 today.
With current inflation that may be a wash!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA :)

never pay the ferry man till you get to the other side or pretipping can backfire !!! kind of paying the copay at doctor’s office before your appointment, that can backfire too …i don’t think i’d tip on a carry out food order anyway!!! i never have yet …

View attachment 1623203

The Mrs. and I ate at a 5 Guys on Wed. night. Small burger for her, regular burger for me, small fries shared between us, 2 sodas. $34. Not including a tip they asked for and I didn't leave. 2 tables were occupied. The rest were dirty. It'll be a long time before we go back.

I've never been a huge 5 guys fan.

To me it kind of tastes like a quarter pounder, but twice as big and twice as greasy...and twice the price.

Denny's hand pattied burger kicks their ***...hard.

I've never been a huge 5 guys fan.

To me it kind of tastes like a quarter pounder, but twice as big and twice as greasy...and twice the price.

Denny's hand pattied burger kicks their ***...hard.
I miss Denny's. There ain't one for a country mile in these parts...

I'm seeing adds for Wendy's for $1 & $2 dbl burgers,
when ordered thru their app, I think for the month of April
so if you don't have a smart phone, you pay the reg. extortion rate

I don't/won't do fast food
(makes the unhealthy fat-asses, & all the inner-shitty jungle dwellers, even fatter)
so I couldn't care any less

About the only fast food we do anymore, is an occasional trip to Chick-fil-a. Groceries are expensive enough, no sense spending even MORE, for crappier food.

Neither of us is a soda drinker, either, so that's not even a selling point for a "trip out".

I used to like Five Guys (one trick was to order a small fry; they still just pile fries in the bag, regardless of ordering a small or a large)...until they got up there with steak house pricing.

Auto Transport Service
Back