• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went for a cruise today

I've been driving mine to work every Thursday/Friday. Premium gas is dropping, but still not as low as other places in the country. I'm buying Speedway 91 for $2.40 a gallon. Traffic is very light in the morning, but somewhat heavy in the afternoon. I have noticed that neighboring companies that have a small staff working are driving their classics to work, also.

Before you comment about the 2 parking spaces; there are only 18 people working at a facility that has over 260 parking spaces.

View attachment 933541
I do the same thing, door dings suck

Took mine out Sunday for the first time this year. not much traffic, it was nice to cruise for a few hours...

WP_20200405_10_46_43_Pro.jpg WP_20200405_11_43_59_Pro.jpg

I'd been tempted to park at an angle so some Pirus couldn't sneak along side.

I have been taking mine out every day it is not raining. Wash and waxed her. Still shines decent for over 35 year old paint. As mentioned, cheap gas (even for 93 octane), light traffic and beautiful weather. My car loves these cooler spring and fall temps.

20150809_200304.jpg

Before you comment about the 2 parking spaces; there are only 18 people working at a facility that has over 260 parking spaces

Screw'em When people learn to respect another's property then I'll park my classic in between the lines, until then :upyours:

I was going to take em out for a drive, but....I have no place to go and no one to see!! So I just started them and they ran till warm.
Nape time!!

I was going to take em out for a drive, but....I have no place to go and no one to see!! So I just started them and they ran till warm.
Nape time!!
There is always some place to go, even if only to replace the gas you just burned.

That whole parking thing is a interesting dynamic; if you park in more than one spot or angled no matter how few other cars are there, someone will bitch, but if you park normally even far away from others some A hole will park right next to you. I once took my Viper to the local Walmart for something and parked a long ways from anyone, lots of parking available and yet some POS wants to park right next to me; I know this is completely out of spite and to be a dick. That along with people sitting on the car to take pictures ensured I will never do it again because someone is going to die at some point.

Now, having said that; those people who want to park right up front sideways or between spaces need a head wound. If you have a nice car and don't want your doors/side beat up I get that completely, but then go and park away from the masses. When I see someone doing that I want to hook a cable to their whip and drag it out, worse is that more times than not it is not a nice car, typically it is a lifted truck which no one could hit the sides anyway. I have tubular running boards/steps on my Ram 2500, I challenge you to try and ding my truck...

how are you going "cruising", we have been in "lockdown " for two weeks now :eek:

Social distance 6 feet. In your car you have more. It's all about interpretation.

Yesterday I went into the small town building supply store. The clerk had no mask, neither did I. WTF would you get one. Still no TP anywhere.
I get a few things for a project, he seemed awful uncomfortable. There was a carpenter in there that did not seem to bother him. Our rural county has 3 pos cases of the Kung Flu. Down the road Houston as 4000 pos. but they have how many million people ????

Been driving to and from work on Thursday and Fridays in the road runner. Was told by several friends made it on Facebook car spotters.
Enjoying the light traffic and cheap gas.

20200424_065333.jpg Messages_1_1587739767239_1587744705056_1587779886913_1587781223931.jpg

Have not had the Road Runner out for almost two months. The 'triple digit' days are just too hot! Got out of bed early just to take the Road Runner out for some exercise before it hit 108F. Stopped to top off the gas and put in some more Stabil 360, and a guy with a 2000ish Dodge Ram followed me into the gas station. He told me he graduated high school in 1969 and the Road Runner 'was the dream car of every guy at his High School'. Enjoyed hearing a few stories about his 273 Barracuda and Belvedere that acquired 'way over' 200K miles on it's slant 6. He admitted to owning a few Fords here and there, but said he always appreciated MOPAR. I'm 57 and enjoyed chatting with this 'old timer'.

I miss driving the Road Runner, and miss chatting with strangers that love these cars. It was nice to have a break from COVID life for a change.

I took mine out too and had a great get together with friends—I missed driving it!

7EE6CBE8-646D-457E-B1BA-360D6A9B454B.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back