• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to a concert last night.

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Wife and I went to the historic Surf Ballroom to see Ray Wylie Hubbard last night. We usually see a show about every other year. ZZ Top was there in February, some how we missed that notification. I think we might go see the Kentucky Head Hunters in June. The Surf is a nice venue although the booths are still original and pretty uncomfortable. We still get one cause we are too old to battle the crowd on the floor.
The show was great.

9444B49C-6CEF-41B6-8902-52D4AC152F4C.jpeg

Oh man, my ears can't take it anymore and I miss it.....!

Best part of the Surf, they don’t let them blast your ears out. Thats parts of the reason we enjoy it so much.

Best part of the Surf, they don’t let them blast your ears out. Thats parts of the reason we enjoy it so much.
Oh geez....just going to a baseball game without earplugs will make my ears ring loud for several days......at 73, can't do it anymore. :(

What? can't hear you.
To many concerts in my youth
But I still go
Between concerts, drag racing, guns and working in loud environments, my hearing isn't so good these days and don't care to lose what I have left.

Cool. Live music is best!

I have a hankering to see the Black Keys and Chris Stapleton live, but anymore shows are too far away, too many people, and too expensive. The last metal show I saw with Corrosion, Clutch, and Lamb of God was too much. COC and Clutch were absolutely fantastic, but Lamb of God volume made me feel uncomfortable. Of course it didn't help that I was on the floor up front and center. I think the days of seeing major shows are probably behind me, but I have seen hundreds of shows and have lots of great memories.

Auto Transport Service
Back