• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s a phrase that your parents used years ago

Dad use to say when my brother and I always getting into arguments and fisticuffs

The older you guys get the dumber you get

All I know is saying "is that all you've got" is not the right phrase after your Mother breaks her wood spoon over your *** !!!

Close the door, why are you heating the outside. And why are the lights on when nobody is in the room.

When I was 12 years old I was fishing at my grandparents pond. After 4 or 5 hours my grandfather stopped by to see how I was doing. I had caught 1 bass and 3 blue gills, one of the blue gills had flipped up on the bank and had baked in the sun. My Grandfather said , keep this in mind as you get older “ If it smells like that don’t eat it”

My mom used to say at dinner. " Watch your own plate!

Wasnt really a kid, I was in my early 20s, chasing women, drinking and fighting but went to visit my granddad had a shiner from a Friday night outing... he said "son, God gave you two heads and only enough blood to operate them one at a time..." one of the greatest lines I've ever heard!

When the boys got to rassl'n around Mom says, "Everybody's have'n fun till somebody gets their eye poked out, then I gotta clean up the mess".

I used to here old timers say "He went ******** over teacups".
I guess it meant he fell down. Never did understand that one. Still don't....

"In or out!" Followed by "Stop slamming the door!"
In my defense it was one of those creaky spingloaded jobs.

When some none would ask what time it was we would tell them
Its half past a monkeys ***

I used to here old timers say "He went ******** over teacups".
I guess it meant he fell down. Never did understand that one. Still don't....
In Texas I've always heard the reference being elbows...lol!

If some one had a real happy look on their face ---
They were grinning like a possum eating ****

Don't make me get out of that chair...followed by go get me another Schlitz!

old machinist saying was ----he don't know if his a** hole is bored or punched

Auto Transport Service
Back