• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the best company to buy a new turn signal switch?

When you look to buy a turn signal switch for a 1970 road runner the ads may say "for cars with cornering lights see the other switch type". When they say "cornering light" what lights are they talking about? The side marker lights? A special turn signal on the sides?

Do not buy the one with the yellow plastic. They are thin junk. The white plastic ones above look decent. See where mine cracked right in the middle and flexed up enough that it kept the signal arm from canceling the turn.
20211030_162714.jpg
20211030_173829.jpg

When you look to buy a turn signal switch for a 1970 road runner the ads may say "for cars with cornering lights see the other switch type". When they say "cornering light" what lights are they talking about? The side marker lights? A special turn signal on the sides?
AFAIK Cornering lights were only on C bodies. They come on with your turn signal to illuminate the road in the direction you're turning. Different than side markers.

Yep, Dan sells some good switches. The only thing I don't like about them is that his for 1969 cars don't have the lane changing feature like originals did. Your original 66 didn't have that, so will work exactly like it should.
Many years ago I changed the switch in my 67 to one that has the lane changing feature. I don't recall having any install issues and it's a nice feature to have. I got it out of the wrecking yard so not sure what year car it came from. In case I need to replace it, does anyone know if the 69 switch is the only year that would fit my column ?

Auto Transport Service
Back