• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your number…

I once couldn't sleep so I started a count. My dumbass question was "More cars? Or more women?"

It wasn't even close. Cars crushed. In fact, my lady count was significantly less than I would have thought. And car count far more.

So now I have even more reason not able to fall asleep. Lol.

I was surprised at the number of cars I've/We've owned (I included my wife's drivers). I'm also surprised that I currently own about 39% of them. I don't think I would remember all the women (that sounded like I'm bragging - I'm not). The cars become part of your life and personality. The women who came and went - well, went. I mostly didn't know their model year and they were all the same color. There were some pretty awesome body styles that I can remember, though!

Last edited:
1- 73 Charger SE 400, 75 Road Runner 400, 3- 67 GTX, 4- 76 Adventurer SE 400, 5- 71 Challenger R/T, 6-78 Adventurer SE 400,
7- 69 Formula-S 340, 8- 70 Challenger R/T, 9 67 GTX convt. 4 speed, 10-67 GTX, 11-69 Road Runner,
12-70 Challenger, 13-80 Cordoba, 14-79 Corvette, 15-77 Adventurer W200x440, 16-81 W250, 17-67 GTX,
18-64 Dodge 440, 19-86 D150LE, 20-55 F100, 21-68 Formula-S 340, 22-69 Hemi GTX, 23-73 Cuda-340, 24-92 D150 LE,
25-69 D100, 26-68 D100, 27-Dart Sport 360, 28-64 Savoy, 29-71 Adventurer SE 383, 30-76 D150 Adventurer SE 400,
31-76 Adventurer Sport W100 440 Shorty, 32-69 D200 Adventurer 383, 33- 70 HemiCuda, 34- 71 Hemi Charger R/T,
35- 96 1500 Club Cab, 36- 99 Intrepid, 37- 02 300, 38- 02 Cummins, 39-67 GTX, 40-71 Duster 340, 41-64 Polara 500,
42-69 GTX, 43-71 Road Runner, 44-05 Cummins, 45-66 Hemi Coronet 500, 46-70 D100 Adventurer 383, 47-70 Road Runner,
48-70 Challenger A-66, 49-70 Challenger R/T-SE 440+4, 50-79 Electra Buick, 51-97 Sundance, 52-00 Neon,
53-02 Honda S2000, 54-12 Mercedes, 55-11 Mercedes SLK, 56-15 Cram 1500, 57-18 Cram 1500, 58-08 Viper

Last edited:
I'm remembering cars I long forgot about......see if I can remember.

1. 66 Belvedere II got in 69 but dad bought it new. Paid 500 for it.
2. 56 Chevy 2dr sedan 265 3 on the floor
3. 56 Chevy 2dr sedan, nice body, no engine. Uncle Sam got me, car got left behind.
4. 66 Opal Rekord 4dr bucket seats, 4 on the floor.
5. 71 Super Beetle brought home from Germany. Should have brought the Opal home instead
6. 72 340 Challenger
7. 67 Dart /6
8. 69 D100 smoker
9. 74 D100 /6 bought in 76
10. 65 Mustang Fastback
11. 66 Mustang Fastback 289 4 speed
12. 66 Mustang coupe to flip
13. 64 Mustang coupe to flip
14. 66 Mustang coupe to flip....drove those 3 coupes some mainly to make sure they were dependable
15. 79 D200
16. 78 D100
18. 79 D150
19. 79 D300 single wheel Adventurer SE
20. 70 Cuda 383 wrecked and ended up parting it out but drove it some while wrecked. Got a lot of looks with that lol
21. 70 Challenger A66 Drove it for a bit but blew it apart for rebuilding until some guy offered me stooopid money for the body many years later.
22. 70 383 Challenger....very nice kept it for over 15 years.
23. 70 440 RT rag top. Kept it for a few years, 1st wife hated it.
24. 73 Challenger....2nd wife drove it mostly but I drove it a lot too.
25. 77 Plymouth cop car
26. 71 340 Cuda....decent car kept for over 15 years
27. 76 Dodge Colt
28. 86 Mitsu Tredia
29. 88 Dodge Shadow 2dr
30. 66 Belvedere I 2dr post I still have
31. 87 Dodge Dakota
32. 90 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
33. 92 Dodge Dakota reg cab 5.2/3.90 gears
34. 2000 Durango 5.2/3.90 gears
35. 97 2500 diesel still have
36. 95 Dodge Dakota still have
37. 96 Dodge Dakota still have
38. 68 road runner race car
39. 71 Duster race car had it for a year and only put 4 passes on it but at least it got me into the 9's.
40. 71 Honda 350 SL owned it when I had the 71 beetle and if it looked like it was about to rain but wasn't, I took the bike! 41. 71 Honda CB750C and a couple of trail bikes, 1 go cart, and 1 mini bike.

And a few others that didn't hold a spot in my brain well enough to remember....

Worse car of the bunch was the 71 Super Beetle.....wasn't anything super about it and was soooo glad to see it go. POS. 2nd worse car was the 66 Mustang Fastback. Always ran but dump stuff broke on it. Worst thing to break was the pedal rack! WT....?

If we're counting bikes also, the number is 53 for me. This past January was 50 years of owning/operating my own motorised vehicles, beginning with a Suzuki TS 125. I'll not list them all for fear of recrimination for not having enough Mopars on the list... ;)
As an aside, in 1993, I did a little project for my Dad at HIS 50th anniversary of driving. Even though they were so poor as to not 'have the pot or the window', somehow my Grandma was able to occasionally take photos. {I still have her old box camera, sitting on a shelf behind my left shoulder as I type} She had the foresight to take not only the occasional image of family, but of cars and dogs also, so she had A photo of Dad's first car up until he was grown and started taking his own. Between us, we had pictures of all his cars and two motorbikes. So, I started engaging Dad in conversations to get the correct, chronological order of ownership. When I had it down, I took Grandma's old prints, and Dad's slides to the finisher, had duplicates made, and quietly replaced his back where they came from without him knowing. Then, took all those pictures, laid them out in order and went to a frame shop. Had them matted and framed. Then I went to a trophy shop and had a brass plate engraved for the occasion and mounted it to the frame. Gave it to Dad for Fathers Day; cannot remember seeing Dad so excited over a gift before!
Did the same for dogs on his birthday the next year. He hung them both in "his" room in the house. Mom said she would walk thru and see him just sitting, looking at those hanging on the wall and smiling all the time... :)
Maybe some of y'all might consider doing the same?

I was surprised at the number of cars I've/We've owned (I included my wife's drivers). I'm also surprised that I currently own about 39% of them. I don't think I would remember all the women (that sounded like I'm bragging - I'm not). The cars become part of your life and personality. The women who came and went - well, went. I mostly didn't know their model year and they were all the same color. There were some pretty awesome body styles that I can remember, though!
I was 28 before getting married the 1st time and after getting the clap for the 3rd time, I decided it was probably time to quit playing the field and got serious about finding 'Mrs. Right' after compiling a list of all the ones I had dated for more than a week. Well, it kinda surprised and shocked me at the same time and the kicker was when I found out that one girl that I liked turned out to me just 15!!! Oh man, I was pissed! Been married twice now and pretty sure I don't want to do that anymore either.

I got to 44 and my head hurt, so I quit.
The funniest thing about remembering all of those was selling a 68 Mustang FB. I listed it in a local trade paper (before WWW) For $1000. Ad said 68 Mustang FB, 302, 4spd, no title, does not run. I got so many calls it was ridiculous. Two guys showed at the same time, both pulling trailers.
1st guy looked it over for 30 minutes, crawling all over and under it. I was getting impatient. He finally says: "it's got the wrong fenders"
Price is now$1200. "It's got the wrong hood too"
Price is now $1400
"It doesn't run or have a title?"
Price is now $1800
Buyer #1 gets pissed and leaves.

Buyer #2 (listened to all this) walks up, counts out $1400 and loads car on trailer. He said " I'm not asking any questions, have a nice day"
I threw in an extra 351W I had for parts. We both laughed hysterically.
Edit: I still know the guy who bought it, and we still laugh about it.

I was 28 before getting married the 1st time and after getting the clap for the 3rd time, I decided it was probably time to quit playing the field and got serious about finding 'Mrs. Right' after compiling a list of all the ones I had dated for more than a week. Well, it kinda surprised and shocked me at the same time and the kicker was when I found out that one girl that I liked turned out to me just 15!!! Oh man, I was pissed! Been married twice now and pretty sure I don't want to do that anymore either.
I'm waiting for someone to start a thread comparing histories with women and the cars that occupied the same timeline. Used this theme for one of my first freshman English papers, and it got me my first "A" as a college student. The same year I test drove my current GTX, I went on my first date, with the female equivalent of the car, a drop dead gorgeous redhead, who was also way out of my league. Odd circumstances that it even happened, much like driving the Demonstrator. She married the next guy she went out with, divorced him when she got out of college, and has been married to number two for 40 years. Like the car, she still looks awesome.

When I met my wife four years later, there was no question she was the closest match to number one that would ever have me. That was 49 years ago. All these years later, number one has gone from redhead to blond, my wife looks like her twin sister. I knew what I liked early on.

I've had some wonderful woman in my life. But too many crappy cars. The later 70s and much of 80s were some not so good designs. That didn't last long. But those days have certainly slowed. On both subject matters. Lol. Skirt chasing days are more behind me than in front. And today's cars? Are built better. My current list.
'69 GTX
'70 Cuda
'74 Duster
'03 Mustang Cobra
'07 Ram 3500
'14 Cadillac XTS

(Notice the big gap between '74 and '03 to illustrate my build quality point )

I've had some wonderful woman in my life. But too many crappy cars. The later 70s and much of 80s were some not so good designs. That didn't last long. But those days have certainly slowed. On both subject matters. Lol. Skirt chasing days are more behind me than in front. And today's cars? Are built better. My current list.
'69 GTX
'70 Cuda
'74 Duster
'03 Mustang Cobra
'07 Ram 3500
'14 Cadillac XTS

(Notice the big gap between '74 and '03 to illustrate my build quality point )
The Mitsu came with 'her' when we got married....gotta say it was a heck of a lot better power wise than the MGBGT she used to have. Nothing GT about that thing but one of the best vehicles of the 80's was the 87 Dakota. My dad bought it new and was going to trade it in and told him don't you dare after trying to convince him of not buy it new in early 87 because is was a brand new body and frame style but man, Dodge hit the ball hard on that one.

Man what a relief to know dad was in good company with so many of you who hit high numbers in cars owned.

WOW!!!

The attention to detail some of you recall about your past rides is incredible.
:thumbsup:

Man what a relief to know dad was in good company with so many of you who hit high numbers in cars owned.

WOW!!!

The attention to detail some of you recall about your past rides is incredible.
:thumbsup:
I lost count on how many cars I parted.... I only listed one here in this thread but I think I drove it enough to qualify for a driver even though it really wasn't good enough to be driven that much lol

Obscure reference but she had more shoes than most villages in the PI....
And what is it with women and shoes? Lol. (I know, off topic.)

I need new boots because I popped a hole in the bottom. My lady friend. "Why don't you have more than one pair?" I look at her like "Because I only have two feet?"

A couple hundred. That dreaded line I absolutely hate to see in for sale ads, 'Too much to list', but it really does apply here. I had a notebook paper filled front and back with all the cars I had owned to that point at 25 yo, and I was just getting started. Forgot as many as I remember.

Auto Transport Service
Back