• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What a great day for drag racing.

SteveSS

Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
My son's car club called 719 Wicked took a chance on the weather and sponsored a drag race at Pikes Peak International Raceway. At first, I had on a coat, then a hoodie, then just a T-shirt and it was still kind of hot with the sun beating down on me.

Biggest crowd ever but I still got in about 12 runs and I was spectating quite a bit. It got to 70 today and supposed to be the same for tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday we are in a winter storm warning. I drove the Camaro SS and my son drove the 1971 Challenger. He did well, me not so much. It was warm enough that the fuel was boiling in the Mopar. You could see the little bubbles in the glass filter. I guess we will have to get an electric fuel pump.

What great fun it was to get out in the middle of winter!

I drove the Camaro SS and my son drove the 1971 Challenger. He did well, me not so much.

You didn't do good cause you were in the Chebby. :lol:. Glad you and your son had fun though, that's what it's all about :)

I know I catch hell for not having pictures but this time we had a photographer. I'll post 'em when I see 'em. Lots of Hellcats but the Teslas still win in the 8th mile, they go about 7.2 on our no-prep tack. Bryce almost won over a 392 Scat Pack Challenger but he red-lighted.

Auto Transport Service
Back