• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just about to bring out the car!

Xp29h

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
So this past weekend I started noodling around with the spring preparations to get the car out early! Heavy rains have cleared the roads of all the salt and brine they used all winter! I was really looking forward to it.

Not so fast! I wake up this morning to a frikin winter storm watch and 3-5 inches of wet heavy snow stated to fall tonight. Making things worse, 6-10” Saturday into Saturday night!

I hope they’re wrong. I’m still getting it ready!

That sucks.
90° and sunny here. Nice Autumn day.
Hope your weather improves soon!

Last edited:
X2 here. We had some regular rain recently that had me hopeful the roads were washed of salt and ready to bring 'em out of hibernation.
And then ba'am! We got hit with some snow...again and out came the salt trucks...again :D

And @davek, before you say it...no, I'm not moving to SC LOL.

My last day of work is 28 March. I plan on taking Good Friday and drive the Coronet or the Imperial. Easter Sunday will be a nice drive around the lake, weather permitting.

I threaded the needle last week when we had a 70 degree day after rain washed the last salt away. Got the GTX out of hibernation, started on the second crank. Two days later it snowed again.

Last edited:
…Two days later we got snow again.

1710947571254.gif

@PlymCrazy you got snow again today, I will drive the Bee and think about you Nick.Only 72 today a little chilly.
:poke:

Nice spring day here, 72*-74*-ish sunny & clear,
maybe 5mph breeze, low humidity

thank goodness
I'm so sick of winters
the past 3 have been brutal here

Got the Hot Rods all serviced last weekend and was thinking about getting one or both out this weekend. Forecast calls for snow starting tomorrow night and running into early next week with a possibility of 20”+ accumulation. I’m sure the county will dump an excessive amount of mag chloride to use up their winter allotment.

Winter isn't over here.Snow in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning and again on Sunday. And of course the city will slather on the salt brine solution tht will take a couple of spring rains to was off the streets. :mob: :mob:

I remember putting snow tires on cars. With studs ! a good use for the stock taxicab wheels instead of throwing them in the dumpster back then.

I remember driving my 69 charger 6 pack car in the winter in NY. It was the only car I had at the time.

Nice spring day here, 72*-74*-ish sunny & clear,
maybe 5mph breeze, low humidity

thank goodness
I'm so sick of winters
the past 3 have been brutal here
Been nice here lately......the trees are about to leaf out.
I remember putting snow tires on cars. With studs ! a good use for the stock taxicab wheels instead of throwing them in the dumpster back then.
Bought some 'short' tires for my old Dakota just to see how they would 'reduce' the 3.55 gears and they did good....but they were 23" studded tires and drew attention from the local cops because of the noise they made lol. Thing is, none of them knew what they were hearing so none of them stopped me. They were pretty fun doing sparky burnouts at night :lol:

gonna' get snow 'again' this weekend it sounds like... :BangHead:

gonna' get snow 'again' this weekend it sounds like... :BangHead:
getting 14 more inches of that crap Saturday! love it during whitetail season and Christmas. After that, I’m done with it.

What really sucks with a storm this big, is the ground is typically so soft, you can’t plow without tearing the crap out of everything! Maybe we’ll get lucky and it slides to one side or the other and we end up on the low end of snow!

You know.... reading some of these comments make me think living in horrible New Joisey... ain't so horrible. ( actually, NJ has three strikes: politics, taxes, and insurance ) ... for many people that means... 3 strikes, yer out !

Auto Transport Service
Back