• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What about this intake?

I's probably been quoted or referenced here many times before, but it's surprising to see how good the Street Dominator and the TM7 are compared to the greatly vaunted Performer RPM at this level of engine. A port matched TM7 with the carb pad radiused into the plenum would probably have very close to Victor performance. But the real surprise is that the street dominator made the best numbers of all the intakes, but it's probably because it's a better match for the capability of the ported iron heads in this case.
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/mopp-0207-intake-manifold-engine-and-rpm-range-test/

Last edited:
Seems like there is more confusion.....

The only std port EZ head is the plain “EZ”.
The EZ-1, EZ295, EZ325 are all MW size.

Seems like there is more confusion.....

The only std port EZ head is the plain “EZ”.
The EZ-1, EZ295, EZ325 are all MW size.
I bought the heads last year, and just put them on the shelf. I went out and looked for a number on the boxes, but they just had my address sticker. Not sure where the invoice is. Anyway, they are the 440-H1-sez-1 heads.
I apologize for the confusion.

The “SEZ” is for standard EZ.

On the head, I think it’ll have “440-EZ” cnc’d by the intake mounting surface.

I's probably been quoted or referenced here many times before, but it's surprising to see how good the Street Dominator and the TM7 are compared to the greatly vaunted Performer RPM at this level of engine. A port matched TM7 with the carb pad radiused into the plenum would probably have very close to Victor performance. But the real surprise is that the street dominator made the best numbers of all the intakes, but it's probably because it's a better match for the capability of the ported iron heads in this case.
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/mopp-0207-intake-manifold-engine-and-rpm-range-test/

This is very helpful. To me, it looks like my RPM is so close to the best intakes, that I might as well keep it.

The intake port openings on the heads are usually cnc’d, and the exhaust openings aren’t shaped like any headers are.

I’d leave the exhaust side alone, and just match the intake to the heads.

so, I have run across a good deal on a Holley SD. If you had the Eddy RPM, and the Holley SD sitting side by side, which would you choose?
Engine is a 10 to1 505 ci with std port Indy heads .581 lift, 242 intake duration, and 248 ex at .050
street driven mostly.

Test fit both with the heads and valley cover in place.

Both can sometimes require some “relieving” in the corners.

Test fit both with the heads and valley cover in place.

Both can sometimes require some “relieving” in the corners.
But, do you have a preference? the SD has the spread bore opening, and is very low, compared to the RPM. I wonder if that's an issue?

With the Indy heads, the intakes are even easier to change than stock.
Try both and see which you like better.

Auto Transport Service
Back