• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What aftermarkert Throttle Cable and Bracket are you using?

Myasylum

Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Edelbrock RPM intake and Edelrbrock AVS2 Carb. My stock cable just broke, I think stock bracket and cable never sat quite right.

Probably time for an upgrade. Just wondering what you guys are using.

Thanks!
Dave

Lokar throttle and kickdown. ruffcut

100_0041.JPG

I'm using the Bouchillon cable. Works well, but wish it had some kind of ratchet adjustment instead of just a slip fit that gets clamped down.

Lokar! Same type as in #3!

installed easily and been there ever since!

Lokar! Same type as in #3!

installed easily and been there ever since!
on the Lokar, if you're adjusting the trans kick-down cable, is it just a matter of turning the threaded rod to move things (which seems much easier than my Bouchillon slide adjust).

At the same time, I seem to read more reviews in favor of the Bouchillon setup over the Lokar, but I'm not sure why? The Lokar looks good to me as well.

Lokar cable with Jegs bracket and a angle cable mount I fabbed.
Mike
IMG_2779.JPG

lokar throttle and trans. only thing i had to modify was the mounting tab to carb, needed to add a downward facing tab as it would change position , didnt want to tighten nut to carb base like a madman. holley had an indent so it was a quick fix.

on the Lokar, if you're adjusting the trans kick-down cable, is it just a matter of turning the threaded rod to move things (which seems much easier than my Bouchillon slide adjust).

At the same time, I seem to read more reviews in favor of the Bouchillon setup over the Lokar, but I'm not sure why? The Lokar looks good to me as well.
I really can’t speak on other ones. I went from original setup to the lokar. Been great since! Here’s directions for kick down.
https://www.lokar.com/assets/instructions/INS0046-ChryslerKickdown.pdf

Lokar, I need to make better bracket as the one I’m using took some tinkering to work well, it’s held down by only one carb stud.

Tried Lokar, Bouch, etc but never sat right.
Ended up with a combo of Bouch, Mancini and original throttle cable that rocks.

IMG_20230430_065048.jpg

IMG_20230430_065102.jpg

Interesting! I have that bracket you show on the right and my current setup is Bouchillon. I may have to give that a try.
I got the tall Mancini bracket and bent/drilled to fit.
Then drilled two extra holes for the lowest position for the throttle cable clamp part.
Its adjustable both in height and angle.

Auto Transport Service
Back