• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are these?

nutz4spd

Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
There are four of these on my motor. One on each side of the block on the center freeze plug and one on the back of each cylinder head. They say CMF VOID IF REMOVED. Are these indicating this is a remaned engine???

20240206_182135.jpg

20240206_182235.jpg

Picture your rebuilt motor is still under warrantee, and you need warrantee service from the rebuilder..... Those are placed there to alert the rebuiilder if you had overheated the motor.

So yes, reman for sure. If by chance you have the motor torn down or do in the future.... look at the backs of the main and rod bearing shells.... Compare the date to the casting or motor stamp date for an idea how long ago and how old it was when last rebuilt.

Yes, they are heat indicators installed by rebuilders. The warranty is void if removed or if they are melted. They are used a lot on circle track engines.

Thanks. That does explain a few things. Like, the good oil pressure for one. Although it had a ticking sound before I pulled it out. I'm thinking (hoping) it's a bad lifter. We'll see when I get to that point...

Auto Transport Service
Back