• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your favorite instrumental songs?

Can the instrumental section in the long version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, by Iron Butterfly be considered here as instrumental?

A lady I work with likes to play a CD of music that sounds IMO just like Linus and Lucy.

I've asked her a couple of times if it's the same artist and she apparently doesn't know.
Vince girahldi is the artist, but the one posted doesn’t sound like the original

The Daily Flash
from the 1967 movie Pit Stop
AKA The Winner.
Best car movie ever that nobody has heard of?

Last edited:
One of mine, old tune is Theme from a Summer Place - Percy Faith 1959. The original version.

Again, for us old-timers, Duane Eddy and his Twangy guitar put out deep resonating sound that we had never heard before. I bought 2 albums of his and talked my parents into buying my 1st guitar. I'll be 76 soon and still play a few of his tunes, but I desperately need a sax player. Rebel Rouser still gets my heart beating faster when I hear it. He inspired more guitar sales than anyone until The Beatles came around. They were inspired to play by him also.

FOUND IT.

Good GOD it's taken 50 years!

Part of a longer piece from 1937 that doesn't really sound like like the beginning or end goes with it.

NOW I CAN FINALLY SLEEEEEP...................

Good for you. My parents had a 78rpm record of "Tiger Rag" that I liked in my youth. Never could find out who did that version. If I recall, it had a prominent clarinet in it.

Surfari's Wipe Out without movie track. Dam ads u tub.

Last edited:
Even though this has weirdo vocal sounds some quietly spoken verse in the background I've always considered it an instrumental...

@copper67sat Moby Dick & Frankenstein = a couple of all-timers for sure!
And I know Moby Dick was meant as a drum solo tune...but personally I think that opening riff section, then the repeat with the quick guitar solo breaks is one of all-time favorite Zeppelin jams, short as it is...

Not sure if anyone posted these OLD tunes people from the 40's did the jitterbug to; like my folks. I'm old; but not that old, just found these tunes to be catchy when my dad played them on his massive stereo. Glenn Miller disappeared in a plane crash in 1944 never found over the English Channel having taken his show on the roads for our troops. I'd think someday the wreckage will be found.

Auto Transport Service
Back