• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what color should i paint my 69 road runner ????????

scatpack1969

Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
i have a 69 road runner factory y2 yellow, i think its the pale yellow color, but im thinking of hemi orange or vitamin c orange or silver.

I like cars painted there original colors, but that's just me,.... and the color that you use, that's totally up to you, just be sure you satisfy yourself with your color choice, you have to live with it and see it everyday, just my opinion, If I wasn't going with the original color, I would at least go with a Chrysler color.

Out of the 3 options you listed, I'd go with Vit C....I think that looks great on a Roadrunner!

Jason

Color is a personal choice, paint it what YOU are happy with.

Purists will tell you to paint it original no matter what crappy color it may have been.

Hardcore enthusiests that attend a lot of show will tell you that they get sick of seeing red, blue, black and purple. They will tell you that they really like seeing some of the more obsure colors for a change. BUT, I would be willing to bet that if they had a choice of buying the identical car in either red or gold they too would pick the red. It is one thing to say it and another thing to have to live with it.

I had a 1968 Hemi Charger R/T a few years ago that I was the 3rd owner, had history back to original owner, broadcast sheet, original engine trans, etc. It had been repainted once since new. It was gold with black interior. it was an ugly color. I had it restored and color changed to red. Many told me it was a big mistake to color change it. However, when I sold it I got top dollar for it at the time and I am certain it sold much quicker and for more than if I had repainted it gold.

QQ1 ! -I know, I know, it's not onthe list

one more thing to consider if you are going with another color = What color is your interior ?

if it's black, it goes with about everything ...

Everything looks better in black, except a cheap paintjob.

Take a look at some of the new Chrysler colors or Dodge colors. Some of the colors on the new Challenger are updates of the old classics with a touch of flake or pearl added. Go to a dealer and check out some of the new colors, or get yourself a PPg color chart. You could always go wild with some of the House of color paints, it depends what type of look your after. Good luck.

I am not a big silver fan. I have an R4 69 RR and I really like that. I also have a white 68 and I like that too. If Y2 is the pale yellow that's also nice. Hmmm, out of your choices I'd say yellow or orange.

Paint it what you want it's your car. But look at some Y2 cars, that yellow realy pops with some black accents. Does your car have a vinal top?

Yellow with the black hood accents looks really good! I'd go original color if it were mine!

no vynil top, i think its the pale yellow . i need to look at some cars though before i decide, i saw a orange super bee though, it really looked good.

I would paint the car back the orginial color. I had much rather have a car with the orginial color. Especially an odd ball color. The only thing that is bad about yellow it is really a hard color to match if it ever needs a little paint work.
The orginial color will actually make the car worth more.
Just look at what some of the Blue, Sliver and Seamist Green Shelby's bring. Some of the so called ugly colors bring more than the Reds, Blacks and Oranges.

....(Nothing I post is factual, just an opinion or personal observation)......

I also like going with the org. colors on my cars. But if you are gonna change it to one of the colors you listed, I'd say go silver. PLEASE no more orange Runners!:no:

In my opinion, R4 is the way to go, just because I love the A12 RR with that bright eye burning red. But I definitely think more heads turn when you got a brighter car. Just go with something bright and that will drive the price of the car up. But then again, whatever color that turns you on, go with it.

I like em painted the original color.But its your ride and you have to look at it so go with whatever gives you the biggest woody:grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back