• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what color should i paint my 69 road runner ????????

are you planning on selling it and if so do you really think the car will be worth more than a few grand more for being an original color because if it actually affects the value that much you can always pay a few grand or whatever you pay to repaint the car just before you sell it however i dont think the original color makes it worth that much more

personally i plan on painting my 69 gtx modern hemi orange with my own stripe design nothing original mine was an ugly green from the factory but had been repainted blue before i got it and it was in horrible shape at that point not numbers matching and im going pro street style not original dealer style. also i do have the atittude of "its my car i'll have it the way i want it regardless of others thoughts" purists may hate it when im done but the average joe will most likely love it

and as far as the not another orange runner comment goes most i see around here of the spring colors are green in fact the last car show with in 50 miles of me that i attended the only orange car was a general lee replica

If you repaint it, make sure to do it right, on a rotisserie, media blasted every inch of the car, well maybe not every inch, I can't reach behind inner wheelhouses when I'm blasting.

My suggestion; Q5!

I like cars painted there original colors, but that's just me,.... and the color that you use, that's totally up to you, just be sure you satisfy yourself with your color choice, you have to live with it and see it everyday, just my opinion, If I wasn't going with the original color, I would at least go with a Chrysler color.

Not if it was F3 with a Green top/interior and a black stripe, huh?

True anyone is entitled to their opinion. My Charger is a color I HATE maybe it is the same for you. Yellow is not bad in MY opinion but it is your car. I wanted my Charger T5 and I carried around a paint chip and surrounded myself with T5 Charger pics. I could not live with it. Try that with each of your choices and the one that doesn't piss you off is the one you want. Crazy Right?:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Paint it BLACK. Black as night. black as coal. I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky.

I had a Y2 69 Runner and it had a Black vinyl top, black hood stripes, and the white reflective sport stripes with black bench seat interior. I am not a big fan of the Y2 Yellow either but it did look really good. I also think a Y2 Yellow with only the hood stripes and a WHITE interior would really pop with a set of redlines. As many have said its a personal choice, you have to wax it! I used to hate the F4 & F8 Greens for a long time, but when I see one restored correctly, I have to admit it looks awesome. The Butterscotch special order paint looks good on a 69 RR. I cant think of too many colors that DON'T look good on a 69 RR even primer...69 RR's Just look awesome Period.

0169rdrr.jpg

R4 Spring Red

I agree with the guy that said that people do want to see different colors but in reality, if you decide to sell the common stuff will move quicker than any of the less seen colors.

Y2 all the way! My 'Bee is Y2 w/ black vinyl and stripe...did not like the color at all when I first got it but now I would probably paint it that color even if it wasn't factory, looks great on the b-bodies!

If I was ordering my 69 RR new I wouldn't choose T7 which is my original color code, dark bronze metalic which is basically brown to me.

But, I am repainting it this winter and I plan on going original color with it.

I am a body/paint guy and I have told people for years and years now "I don't care what color it is, if you do it right with modern base/clear, wet sand & buff it and it's going to look awesome"

Yeah, I've been telling everybody that for years. And now i've got a killer B body that needs to be painted brown :crazy: lol!!

But I'm going to do it!

(I have tan interior, what choice do I have lol!!)

My point is, the original color will look awesone with a laser straight body, base clear that's wet blocked & buffed. It will look awesome.

Go back yellow! WHen and if you ever decide to sell it, you'll be GLAD you did! Besides...it's yellow, looks great!!

Stick to the fendertag i'd say.

My car is painted Viper Red. Originally, it was black with red interior. Never understood why the previous owner painted it Viper Red. I don't like the color at all, but when the car was up for sale, it was a once in a life-time chance to buy THAT specific model in THAT condition for THAT amount of money.

It would probably sell in a high-dollar range if it was painted black again...

I prefer them to be correct and I would most likely pass if it is painted an incorrect color, but I would pass 100% of the time if it is painted a color that wasn't available on the car from the factory. I don't love Y2 but I could live with it.
KID

I vote for Y2. Original is the best, and you will get a much better resale value if you ever decide to sell it.

keep in mind though in order for orig color to help resale it more importantly needs numbers matching drivetrain and as stated before if the color will truely up the value at resale time use your preference now and repaint when or if ready to sell, but only if the stock color is more valuable than the cost of the repaint of course. just my thoughts

in general public how many people would truely know its not the original color unless you show them your fender tag and even then they may not know

I my self would paint it the original color,I am totally redoing my 69 runner and am painting it ivy green thats what color it was . My brother inlaw who did own the car painted it blue because he did not like the color green. I think you should go with the color it was it will look great.

Auto Transport Service
Back