• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Did You Car Look Like When You Found It

The trip home from MI to NY, November 2010. 69.5Beetrip2.jpg69.5Beetrip1.jpg

Just found 2 weeks ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 643
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 633
Bill r:t 1.jpg

This is what mine looked like - and still does - bought it in the fall and haven't done a lot to it yet - but the weather is warming up! :blob1:

Mine was a lowly original slant 6 sittin in a lean-to. heres a pic when i picked it up.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

that looks like a studie truck

Mine..

Here's mine, on surface not as bad but a ton of mismatched stuff under the hood! Brakes etc. lots of little things too. But, plenty of time to get it all fixed up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 598
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 595
Here mine, it was not bad for storing for 33 yeears till the paint was removed. It had a little rust in the lower quarters, but it was the bondo. One place it was 1 thick here are before and after picturesDSCN8899.jpgDSCN4604.jpgDSCN6427.jpgDSCN6821.jpg

Last edited:
Here mine, it was not bad for storing for 33 yeears till the paint was removed. It had a little rust in the lower quarters, but it was the bondo. One place it was 1 thick here are before and after

now that looks great!

Picked this up in Oklahoma 11 years ago, stored it for 9 and started restoring 2 years ago, should be done this year by June, hoping the $$$ holds out, have pretty much everything to finish it except engine rebuild, waiting for winter to go bye bye so I can get going on it. It's a 1969 Plymouth Satellite Convertible, 383, Auto, A/C, Cruise, 81,000 miles, color F5, body(protected with original paint and 2 additional paint jobs on top of each other) and frame(alot of factory undercoating) were near perfect, just took alot of hours of removal to bare metal to have a fresh start, interior soft goods were toast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 557
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 558
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 562
this is i found the hotrod in ohio. had a bunch of project cars to get rid of. big shed wasnt big enough to put them all in.

Attachments

• DSCN0445.jpg
    DSCN0445.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 560
  • DSCN0448.jpg
    DSCN0448.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 551
  • DSCN0449.jpg
    DSCN0449.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 544
  • DSCN0450.jpg
    DSCN0450.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 548
Drove 5600mile return trip

Here is how I got mine in sept 2013, it is now stripped and on a rotisserie. Drove 5600 mile return trip and over 20 hrs on a boat, but I made it home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 541
I also found my car at a garage sale!
*fun fact* I bought it from the cop that gave me my first (speeding) ticket.
101_0224.jpg
EDIT
found current condition picture just a rattlecan primer originally only touchup but i loved the color lol
IMAG0264.jpgIMAG0255.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back