• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you do with old Cast Iron heads, and other old cast parts?

With the looming ban on ICE vehicles in
2035 (California), I don't believe I'd be trying
to get rid of any ICE parts.
I'd rebuild that old set of heads and stash
'em. They're going to be worth a bloody
fortune when replacements become as
scarce as hens' teeth.
12 years is not that far away.....

So nobody in the Northern New Zealand Mopar club would take them off your hands for free? Seems like somebody would, unless you really need that loaf of bread, I know times are tough for some people.
Nobody wants heads that are cracked, and have been planed already, a block with an ear missing and three cracks, plus bored out 60 over already, rear leaf springs that are flat because the car was stored off the ground but on the springs.....for over 20 years.......and a 73 intake that was butchered by the previous owner under the guise of freeing up the airflow. The torsion bars might be useful as garden stakes for a giant beanstalk.

So load me up with red X's......I don't farking care. :rofl:

Make some car art out of it.
1661513637103.png
1661514964480.png

Last edited:
If the OP has "452" heads, somebody will want those.

I would if I were closer and the price was good.

Penny Saver advert. (do they still do that printed monthly ?)
give them away if they aren't trash
some 'hoarder' will always go for "Free" deals
then just add them to their piles of stashes, they will never ever get around too

or scrap them

IMO most people unless it's a local yokal,
won't even pay shipping for that stuff, way to costly
not worth it, not today

maybe some local kid, that damaged 'his ****' could use something like that

good luck

I have a set of 'sort of' fresh 906s (they've been sitting for 15 years now)
I got them from an old buddy he forgot he even did it
I've tried to give away
'one exhaust stud hole' on the end, stripped out, it is a 7/16 thread now
(it would be, either the very front #2 or very rear #7 hole, I had it to the rear)
it was too gone (big) for even a Helicoil
'Chrysler & their bright ideas to have the studs go into the water passage'
try/attempt to take out the org./old studs & striparooney

I ran them for a while on a stock 383 with factory HP "ported" Iron manifolds
& the proper length 7/16 bolt, worked just fine, the other head, no issues at all
(that I can remember now)

Last edited:
I have an old /6 head, I use it as a parking curb in the garage!

View attachment 1333391

Hey there @4speed68rt ....you can have the stuff for free if you want......just pay the shipping.

Or do you disagree because you think I'll get enough to buy more than one loaf? :rofl:
How much does it cost to send stuff from the south pole to the USA? How much does a loaf cost down in NZ? Maybe there's not a big market for antique Dodge parts around there. I'll take 'em if I can find a way...

Nobody wants heads that are cracked, and have been planed already, a block with an ear missing and three cracks, plus bored out 60 over already, rear leaf springs that are flat because the car was stored off the ground but on the springs.....for over 20 years.......and a 73 intake that was butchered by the previous owner under the guise of freeing up the airflow. The torsion bars might be useful as garden stakes for a giant beanstalk.

Nothing personal. You didn't give all those details. Sounds like scrap iron. Once it's gone, you will never miss it. You ought to be able to get $50 or so...

I sold a set of 340 X heads for $200 this year and shipped them. Unfortunately I've thrown out all of my big block heads except for one set of 906's and one set of 452's. 400 and 440 blocks I keep. I don't throw 4 speed stuff away. I keep 742 and 489 case stuff too.

I had a few stock 440 cast parts including heads, water pump, intake plus a few other poly 318 parts. Listed them as free, but would charge shipping. No takers. I took them to the dump.

Other 440 engine goodies that I didn't know what to do with...
20171128_104345.jpg

20171117_123739.jpg

View attachment 1333391

Hey there @4speed68rt ....you can have the stuff for free if you want......just pay the shipping.

Or do you disagree because you think I'll get enough to buy more than one loaf? :rofl:

:rofl:
The block is heavy....I guess around USD$5-6K ....give or take. :rolleyes:
440's usually tip the scale at 225 lbs.

Advertise them one at a time here with the title "FREE HEAD".
:rofl:

That 60 over 440 block probably is 220 now :D

I have an old /6 head, I use it as a parking curb in the garage!
I use a 4x4 that's about a foot. Sure is a lot lighter to move whenever I need to lol

I have some 904 heads that I had. 030 shaved, and the gasket face shaved to keep intake alignment. Water pump housing, stock rockers. I've tried to sell them for 10 years. No takers. I only wanted $50 for the heads, and still couldn't sell them. I'm also thinking of scrapping them. Unless someone wants them.

Recently had a guy call me about a water pump housing.....couldn't help him because I had sold them all. Heads on the other hand do not move very quickly but a buddy came by one day and took all I had. He said he still builds big blocks and said his supply of good heads were getting pretty light. I would imagine that he won't be doing this stuff much longer because he's 4 years older than me and his back is worse than mine. He does have all kinds of lifting devices in his shop that he has built or bought over the years.

How much does it cost to send stuff from the south pole to the USA? How much does a loaf cost down in NZ? Maybe there's not a big market for antique Dodge parts around there. I'll take 'em if I can find a way...
More than it's worth....probably around USD$6K ....and likely about $50 for scrap.....if I'm lucky.

Loaf of bread....around $4

Auto Transport Service
Back