• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you do with old Cast Iron heads, and other old cast parts?

I had a few stock 440 cast parts including heads, water pump, intake plus a few other poly 318 parts. Listed them as free, but would charge shipping. No takers. I took them to the dump.

Other 440 engine goodies that I didn't know what to do with...
View attachment 1334015
View attachment 1334016
I don't have a picture sadly....but I made a few trophies out of the pistons from my damaged 440 block....one of them was for "Slowest Time of the day"

The piston was modified with a triangle piece of aluminium on top, and marked up like a sun dial. This was for a Drag Meet that I basically organised on my own (because the Mudstain Club supposedly helping were only into their cut and judging the burnout contest).....back in 2000. Billed as the first Drag meet of the new Millenium.....it was an "Uncle Sam meets the Rising Sun" deal - where American iron was pitted against Jap import cars.
We had a great turnout on the day, and I did several 'live crosses' to our national Talkback radio station on their sports program that day.

The trophy for slowest time was awarded to the late Ewan Gilmore (National treasure & celebrity comedian) for his Tour Bus .....clocked in at around 24 seconds. All for shits & giggles.....I was honoured to meet the guy.

I have some 904 heads that I had. 030 shaved, and the gasket face shaved to keep intake alignment. Water pump housing, stock rockers. I've tried to sell them for 10 years. No takers. I only wanted $50 for the heads, and still couldn't sell them. I'm also thinking of scrapping them. Unless someone wants them.

Do you mean "906" heads?

Any valve work done? Valves included as well as rockers and shafts?

If so-

$50?

I'll take them

Do you mean "906" heads?

Any valve work done? Valves included as well as rockers and shafts?

If so-

$50?

I'll take them
No. 904 heads have hardened seats, and are supposed to have 906 intake, and 452 exhaust, if I remember correctly. If you still want them, pm me.

Auto Transport Service
Back